Agriculture, Weights and Measures
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
What's the Buzz?
Are you seeking a rewarding career in the field of Agriculture, Weights, and Measures with great pay and benefits? We Have Two Job Openings to Check Out!
For Commercial Growers in San Diego County: Please fill out the Electronic 2014 Crop Questionnaire form and return it by fax, mail, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego Grown 365 - Eat Locally Grown!
We Are Doing "EGGcellent" Work (video)
AWM Discovers pricing errors (video)
|Agriculture||Weights & Measures|
|General Information||General Information|
|(858) 694-2739||(858) 694-2778|
|Fax: (858) 467-9697||Fax: (858) 467-9278|