The Deputy Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer recruitment is now open. The first review of resumes will be on October 23rd, 2017.
NEW - Fee Notification Letters
New fee schedules are going in to effect for some of our divisions on July 1st, 2017. Please click the links below to see the updated fees:
FREE Pesticide Container Recycling Event Saturday October 28th, 2017. Please Download the flyer for more details and location information.
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
NEW - Private Applicator Certification Exam: Schedule Online
Private Applicator Certificate Exams can now be scheduled online. Please click the button below to schedule your exam.