Agriculture, Weights and Measures
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
What's the Buzz?
The San Diego Fox 5 Morning news show will be hosting Jeremy Partch and Venus, one of AWM’s Detector Dog Teams on Friday November 14, 2014. Tune in at 7:20am to see Venus demonstrate how she sniffs out citrus fruit and notifies her handler. Jeremy Partch will provide details on the canine program and Bob Atkins, State of California Asian citrus psyllid coordinator, will discuss why citrus is of special concern.
San Diego Grown 365 - Eat Locally Grown!
We Are Doing "EGGcellent" Work (video)
AWM Discovers pricing errors (video)
|Agriculture||Standards Enforcement (Weights and Measures)|
|General Information||General Information|
|(858) 694-2739||(858) 694-2778|
|Fax: (858) 467-9697||Fax: (858) 467-9278|