Agriculture, Weights and Measures
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
What's the Buzz?
The 2014 Crop Statistics Questionnaire will be mailed out to commercial producers in December. Or you can fill out an Electronic Crop Questionnaire form and return it by fax, mail, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego Grown 365 - Eat Locally Grown!
We Are Doing "EGGcellent" Work (video)
AWM Discovers pricing errors (video)