Agriculture, Weights and Measures
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
What's the Buzz?
San Diego Grown 365 - Eat Locally Grown!
Save Our Citrus
Are you worried that your orange tree looks sick? Are your citrus fruits misshapen or discolored? Think your citrus trees might have a disease? Send a photo with this free app and help save our citrus.
The SAVE OUR CITRUS app is a free iPhone application from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) that makes it easy to report and identify the four leading citrus diseases: citrus greening, citrus canker, citrus black spot and sweet orange scab. Report your symptoms, upload a photo and receive a response back from citrus experts.
Download Here (iTunes Preview)
Get information about these citrus diseases and affected areas in the United States. The app includes information and diagnostic tools for all four diseases. Make sure your citrus is healthy and help stop the spread of these incredibly destructive citrus diseases.
We Are Doing "EGGcellent" Work (video)
AWM Discovers pricing errors (video)
|Agriculture||Standards Enforcement (Weights and Measures)|
|General Information||General Information|
|(858) 694-2739||(858) 694-2778|
|Fax: (858) 467-9697||Fax: (858) 467-9278|