Agriculture, Weights and Measures
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
What's the Buzz?
DON'T MISS OUR HIRING HALL! Recruitment will close on January 19, 2015!
On the same day of the written exam scheduled on February 21, 2015 - the County of San Diego's Department of Agriculture, Weights & Measures (AWM) will be conducting a One-Stop Hiring Hall. Upon passing the exam, the department will take you through the interview and fingerprinting process in just a few hours, with everything conducted at the County Operations Center in Kearny Mesa. Before you leave on that day, you will know whether or not you may have a job with the department, pending passing the exam, the interview, background and reference check. For all other applicants that pass the exam but will not be interviewed that day will be placed on a twelve (12) month eligibility list.
Are you seeking a rewarding career in the field of agriculture, weights, and measures with great pay and benefits? We Have Two Job Oppenings to Check Out!
The 2014 Crop Statistics Questionnaire will be mailed out to commercial producers in December. Or you can fill out an Electronic Crop Questionnaire form and return it by fax, mail, or email to email@example.com
Pesticide Container Recycling event - January 31, 2015
San Diego Grown 365 - Eat Locally Grown!
We Are Doing "EGGcellent" Work (video)
AWM Discovers pricing errors (video)