Agriculture, Weights and Measures
AWM offices will be closed May 25th in observance of Memorial Day.
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
The County of San Diego is offering a workshop to assist you with the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS)! See an informational flyer.
Are you a student looking for a job?
We are looking to hire a student worker for our HR Division. See our job flyer for details.
We Are Doing "EGGcellent" Work (video)