Are you El Niño Ready?
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Why wait when you can fill out your 2015 Crop Report Questionnaire here? Crop Questionnaire for crops grown in 2015
New Job Openig! Insect Detection Specialist
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
Workshops will consist of a training session followed by the Maintenance Gardener Qualified Applicator Certificate exam. For more information, call (858) 694-8980.
Maintenance Gardeners contact us to sign up for a licensing workshop and exam (Spanish)
What IsThisBug.org Insect Identification App
Mediterranean Fruit Fly Quarantine in La Mesa