Employees of the Clerk of the Board have been appointed and commissioned as Notaries Public to act for and on behalf of the County of San Diego. Government Code Sections 8205 and 8214 provide for the extension of Notary Services to members of the Public. The Clerk of the Board offers:
- Fast and efficient service - no appointment required.
- Business and personal documents notarized.
- Notary public services available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Conveniently located on the fourth floor of the County Administration Center, Room 402.
The standard fee for most notarial acts is $10.00 per signature and is payable by cash or a check to the County of San Diego.
A Notary Public is required to certify the identification of the signer of the document. (Civil Code sections 1185(a), 1189, Government Code section 8202) Identity is established if the notary public is presented with satisfactory evidence of the signer’s identity. (Civil Code section 1185(a)).
Common notarial acts include:
- Acknowledgment on a document such as: Quitclaim Deed, Homestead Declaration, Affidavit, Grant Deed, and Release of Mechanic's Lien. Acknowledgments include the Notary's seal and a written certificate.
- Jurat includes administering an oath or affirmation to one person and providing the Jurat with the Notary's seal.
No fee shall be charged to notarize signatures on absentee ballot identification envelopes or other voting material.