The Plan Check and Construction unit is responsible for reviewing the plans of new food establishments, existing food establishments that are being remodeled, and mobile food facilities such as vending vehicles and pushcarts.
The New Construction Guide will assist in the construction of your establishment. Also each and every plan submittal must include the required "health notes". There are a variety of guidelines on plan check related topics below.
- Food Facility Plan Check Application
- Plan Check Review Reference Guidelines - Does your facility require Plan Check Review?
- Guide to Opening a New Food Business
- Plan Check Consultation Guide
Food Facility Plan Review Guide
Food Facility Plan Check Flow Chart
- Food Facility Plan Check Checklist
- Plan Check Fee Schedule
- Construction & Operational Guide for Mobile Food Facilities and Mobile Support Units
- Retail Market Conversions For Fresh Produce
- Mobile Food Facility Operations FAQ
- Acceptable Floor Materials
Grease Trap Policy
- Grease Trap Agencies
- Direct Sales Catering - Host Facility Requirements for Breweries
Direct Sales Catering - Host Facility Plan Check
CCDEH Guidelines for Plan Check:
Plan Check General and Technical Questions: (858) 505-6659
Plan Check Scheduling Questions: (858) 505-6660
|Food & Housing Programs|
|Housing||Pool Plan Check||Swimming Pools|