The Hazardous Materials Investigation, Site Assessment, and Mitigation Procedures on This Page Apply to Internal County of San Diego Property Transactions Only
- Administration Policy, Forms, and Standards
- Property Redevelopment Information
- Other Links
- SAM Staff
On many County projects it is necessary for the County to acquire a fee interest, or easement of real property. If the property to be acquired contains hazardous materials, the County may be subject to substantial financial liability for mitigation and cleanup.
The discovery of hazardous materials on a project late in the design phase or during construction may completely change the scope of the proposed work and established budget.
In order to effectively budget and allocate limited resources for County projects, it is important to establish the probability of finding hazardous materials within or near the boundaries of a County project as early as possible in the Project Development phase.
The Transaction Screening Program applies to all County projects involving the acquisition of real property including donations or gifts of real property. All County projects involving the acquisition of real property are required to enter the Transaction Screen Program to establish the probability of finding hazardous materials.
San Diego County Administrative Policies:
- Attachment A - Transaction Screening Questionnaire
- Attachment B - County Request for Transaction Screening Review Form
- Public Records Review Page
- ASTM Standard E 1528 - 00: Transaction Screen Process
- ASTM Standard E 1527 - 00: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process
- ASTM Standard E 1903 (2002): Phase II Environmental Site Assessment Process
SAM Environmental Policy
- SAM Manual for Environmental Site Assessment Investigation
- Public Records Program for Contaminated Properties and Hazardous Materials
- Property Redevelopment & Brownfields
- Site Designation Process
- Cal EPA's Site Designation Committee
- Voluntary Assistance Program
|Department of Environmental Health (DEH)|
|Site Assessment and Mitigation Program
|5500 Overland Avenue, San Diego, CA
|P.O. Box 129261, San Diego, CA
Hines ||Phone: 858.505.6874|
|James Clay||Phone: 858.505.6969|
|Transaction Screening Program Facilitator|