San Vicente Road Questions
Questions Previously Asked from the Community
- Will the Cedar Dog Tree be protected?
- How will emergency access be addressed?
Construction team will maintain emergency vehicle access at all times and all lanes open on designated Red Flag Days
- Will there be notification of intermittent closures/delays?
Yes, 4 changeable message boards at entrances to project work zone
- Will construction contractor have prior notification when emergency vehicles are anticipated?
DPW and contractor will coordinate efforts with emergency services to provide prior notification of emergency vehicles
- What will be the speed limit after construction is complete?
Speed survey will be conducted to determine 85th percentile speed after construction and it is anticipated that the existing posted speed limit will remain 50 MPH
- What barriers will be used to separate vehicular traveled lanes and multi‐use pathway?
Wooden post and rope rail fencing
- Many oak trees will be removed. Are you replacing them?
Vouchers for new saplings will be provided to local Scout troop or other community group; plus off‐site environmental mitigation
- Where can project plans and specifications be found?
Contractor trailer at Staging area north of DevineyLane or comment card/email request of specific documents
- What is the estimated completion date?
Anticipated completion is within 18 months (March 2016)
- Concern that location of construction staging area driveway is too close to road curve?
Advanced warning signs to identify driveway and reduced construction zone speed limit
- Will 3rd Street remain open during San Vicente construction with no road projects?
DPW will coordinate so that maintenance work is limited on 3rd Street during San Vicente Road construction
- What are the number of fatalities on this stretch of San Vicente Road?
4 fatal accidents from January 2009 to present