Two types of US to Mexico contact notifications are accepted (call with special situations not fitting criteria below). Complete clinical information about the source case is important (Smear, culture, susceptibility, dates of infectiousness).
- Contacts moving to Mexico who have been exposed to a smear or culture positive pulmonary case in the U.S. and are under 5 years of age or immunocompromised (HIV, diabetes, dialysis, organ transplant).
- A notification for household contact investigation in Mexico when you diagnose a smear positive pulmonary case who was living in Mexico during their infectious period. Appropriate locating information for the household in Mexico is needed.
How to refer contacts:
Complete the CureTB Binational Referral Form with the demographics and clinical information of the index case and send it along with the appropriate contact notification form.
CureTB will provide a preliminary outcome to the referring program within 30 days of referral and a final outcome within 60 days of referral.
- Contact study conducted – Clinical evaluation done including CXR and/or LTBI.
- Contact study not conducted – Unable to locate patient, patient refused clinical evaluation.
- Continue Treatment (Moving Contacts only) – Contact continue LTBI treatment
Referral not required
- The patient did not have any contact with the index case during the infectious period.
- As a moving contact, patient did not move from the U.S. or Mexico as initially intended.
To Submit a CureTB Referral
You can submit a CureTB referral in three ways. Use our referral form and attach hard copies of relevant clinical information whenever possible.
- Fax: (619) 692-8020
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (619) 542-4013