MICN Renewal Authorization
These requirements are for renewal of Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN) authorization in the County of San Diego. The applicant shall meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current State of California Registered Nurse License
- Possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course completion card
- Possess a current County of San Diego MICN Authorization
- Complete a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of Continuing Education
Copies of the following documents will be needed to upload into the system:
- Current government-issued photo ID (PDF) Driver’s License
- Photo – professionally appropriate headshot only (JPG)
- Documentation showing compliance with #4 above (single PDF)
- Current ACLS course completion card (front and back, on single PDF)
- If applicable, written explanations, court records and/or police reports as requested during the application process. (single PDF)
PLEASE NOTE: The only JPG format document to be uploaded is the PHOTO. All other uploaded documentation is to be in PDF format only.
Online applications will not be processed until all the required documentation has been uploaded and the appropriate fee is received by the County of San Diego Emergency Medical Services.
The application process may take up to thirty (30) days from the date a complete application is received. Return to CoSD LEMSIS to generate a County of San Diego MICN ID card once the application is processed. This authorization is valid throughout the County of San Diego. Certification Services inquiries can be made by email to EMSCertifications.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov
PLAN EARLY! It is the responsibility of each credentialed individual to start the application process at least 60 days prior to authorization expiration date.