Business preparedness for pandemic influenza is critical and will help to protect employee health and reduce negative impacts on the economy and society. There are key activities that businesses can do to be better prepared. Some of the activities include:
- Determine your business's risks from pandemic influenza.
- Develop emergency response plans.
- Work with your medical advisor on ways to protect employees.
- Develop or update business continuity plans. Identify essential functions and personnel needed to keep your business running.
- Learn about community resources that can help in a pandemic.
Investing time in preparedness planning now can help to protect your business later.
BCP Guide for Pandemic Influenza
A guide to supplementing your Business Continuity Plan for Pandemic Influenza.
For more information about pandemic influenza, send us an email or phone
Additional Information for Businesses
Additional planning guidance and materials will be posted here as they become available.
- Flu.gov Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist
Influenza Tools for Businesses
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
(US Department of Homeland Security)
FEMA Emergency Management Guide For Business &
(Federal Emergency Management Agency)
Red Cross Business and Industry Guide
(American Red Cross)