The County of San Diego offers you vision coverage through Vision
Service Plan (VSP). The plan features include:
- Eye Doctors: You can choose any vision provider you want. However, you pay more when you use a vision provider who does not participate in the VSP network. Eye doctors who participate in the VSP network are called in-network providers; those who don’t participate in the network are considered out-of-network.
- Paying for Care: When you receive vision care, the amount you pay depends on what type of eye doctor you use. Your copay for an office visit is $15.
- In-network eye doctors: When you receive vision care, you generally pay a set dollar amount called a copay. For frames and elective contact lenses, the plan will pay up to an allowance amount, and you pay the full cost over this allowance.
- Out-of-network eye doctors: When you receive vision care, the plan will pay up to an allowance amount. You pay the full cost of services over this allowance
Per Pay Period Cost
- Employee Only: $4.45
- Employee + 1: $10.28
- Employee + 2 or more; $13.93