The County of San Diego is pleased to partner with the private sector to offer property owners information and access to a variety of commercial banks willing to make loans to qualified borrowers who are interested in making energy efficient and/or solar energy property improvements. Participating is easy; just follow this simple five-step process:
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details about the program and how to get started.
- Obtain written estimates from a minimum of three licensed contractors.
- Contact the commercial banks that have agreed to make funds available to qualified borrowers for making energy efficiency improvements, and apply for a loan.
- Apply for any necessary building permits, together with your contractor at your local building or planning office. Residents of the County’s unincorporated areas can contact the County of San Diego Department of Planning and Development Services.
- The assessed value of your property will not increase as a result of adding most solar systems, with the exception of swimming pool and hot tub heaters. For more information contact the San Diego County Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk at (858) 505-6262.
Disclaimer: The County of San Diego offers GO SOLAR….SAN DIEGO COUNTY to provide general summary information to the public. Some portion of this website may provide links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of visitors to this site. The County of San Diego does not endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described at these other Internet sites. Additionally, the County of San Diego assumes no responsibility for the use of the information provided and disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing the website or the information it contains, including any websites and services offered by third parties.