Community Revitalization Committees
The goal of the Community Revitalization Committees is to empower community residents to lead their communities in resolving issues and directing change. All interested community organizations and the public are welcome to attend meetings.
|2017 REVITALIZATION MEETINGS|
|January 17, 2017||Tuesday||Alpine||2:00pm-4:00pm||Crown Hills Clubhouse||1821 Victoria Park Terrace|
|February 22, 2017||Wednesday||Spring Valley||9:30am-11:30am||SV Community Center||8735 Jamacha Blvd.|
|March 23, 2017||Thursday||Lakeside||9:30am-11:30am||Lakeside Community Center||9841 Vine Street|
|April 19, 2017||Wednesday||Ramona||2:00pm-4:00pm||Ramona Library||1275 Main Street|
|May 31, 2017||Wednesday||Back Country||2:00pm-4:00pm||Mountain Empire Community Center||976 Sheridan Road|
|June 7, 2017||Wednesday||Alpine||1:30pm-3:30pm||Crown Hills Clubhouse||1821 Victoria Park Terrace|
|September 29, 2017||Friday||Spring Valley||9:30am-11:30am||SV Community Center||8735 Jamacha Blvd.|
|October 31, 2017||Tuesday||Lakeside||9:30am-11:30am||Lakeside Community Center||9841 Vine Street|
|November 28, 2017||Tuesday||Ramona||2:00pm-4:00pm||Ramona Library||1275 Main Street|
|December 13, 2017||Wednesday||Back Country||2:00pm-4:00pm||Mountain Empire Community Center||976 Sheridan Road|
Ramona Revitalization Committee
The first meeting of the Ramona Revitalization Program was held on May 23, 1997. Some of the issues that have been resolved since this first meeting include:
• Library book security system was purchased and installed.
• A private foundation grant was received to purchase a vehicle for transporting seniors.
• Scout building in Collier Park was renovated.
• Wheel chair ramps are being installed on county sidewalks.
• Speed signs have been posted in order to reduce the speed of traffic in designated areas.
• Santa Maria Creek-bed clean-up.
Lakeside Revitalization Committee
The first meeting for the Lakeside Revitalization Program was held April 18, 1996. Some of the issues that have been resolved since this first meeting include:
• Restoration of an historical community church.
• Coordination of various youth activities,
• Improvements to the Boys & Girls Club gymnasium.
• Internet access through the local library.
• Replacement of playground equipment in the Lindo Lake Park.
Back Country Revitalization Committee
The first meeting of the Back Country Revitalization Program was held on April 9, 1999. The following communities represent the Back Country: Boulevard, Campo, Cuyamaca, Descanso, Dulzura, Guatay, Jacumba, Jamul, Lake Morena, Mt. Laguna, Pine Valley, Potrero, Santa Ysabel, Shelter Valley, Tecate & Vallecitos. Some of the improvements that are underway include:
• Clean-up days for communities.
• Youth / sports facility in Jacumba.
• A four-way Stop sign at Buckman Springs & Highway 94.
Spring Valley Revitalization Committee
The first meeting for the Spring Valley Revitalization Program was held February 15, 2002. Some of the issues identified by the community include:
• Before- and after-school programs and recreation program for high school children.
• Dental health and mental health services.
• Sidewalks for high volume pedestrian traffic.
• Economic improvements along the Jamacha Road/Boulevard.
Alpine Revitalization Committee
The first meeting for the Alpine Revitalization Program was held February 4, 2005. Some of the issues identified by the community include:
• Education Center at Wright's Field.
• Creation of Parks and Recreation Master Plan for Alpine.
• Build a high school in Alpine.
• Develop a disaster plan.
• Build sheriff substation.
• Safe school routes.
For additional questions, please contact:
Kelly Salmons (858) 694-4806 | email