We administer the Homeownership Voucher program through our Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program.
Home Ownership for Section 8 HCV Renters
- With this program, our agency would pay a portion of the mortgage payment instead of paying part of your rent.
- The program is very limited.
- To use this program, you must have been receiving Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher assistance for 12 consecutive months.
- The head of your household or your spouse must have been employed full time during the previous 12 months and must still be employed. If the head of your household or your spouse is disabled a reasonable accommodation may be made.
- You must earn at least half of what the average working person – with the same size family - earns in our area. For example, generally a family of four must earn about $40,500 each year to qualify.
- Please note that TANF, unemployment benefits and similar programs do not count as earned income.
- To use the program you must be able to make a downpayment of 3 percent of the purchase price with at least 1 percent of the downpayment coming from your own seasoned savings. The other 2 percent can come from gifts or grants.
- For more information please call (858) 694-4801 or email.