Apply Online


Online Application

You can now fill out an application for child support services online and submit it electronically. It is easy, safe, and no cost to you. No more printing, hand-writing the information, assembling and mailing the documents. The online application accepts digital signatures. If you would like to proceed and open a case, click here to complete an online application


Application Tips  |  Confidentiality


Obtaining the Application at the Office

Application packets can also be picked up in person at the Department of Child Support Services at 220 W. Broadway on the 7th floor of the courthouse and at the regional office in Kearny Mesa located at 5055 Ruffin Road.

Application Tips

It is important that you answer all the questions in the application fully and accurately. You will be asked to cooperate with the Department of Child Support Services by giving us as much information as possible about the noncustodial parent. The more information that you provide, the easier we can collect child support for you.


Information that you provide is kept confidential by law. It is not public information and the Department of Child Support Services cannot share this information with persons who have no legal right to it.

Department of Child Support Services employees may discuss the case with only the custodial party, noncustodial parent, or their attorney. We cannot share information about one parent with the other. We cannot provide case information to relatives or the current spouse of the custodial or noncustodial parent.

Your application for assistance from the Department of Child Support Services does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Department of Child Support Services. The Department of Child Support Services DOES NOT legally represent either the parents or the children.

Because there is no attorney-client relationship, communication from you to the Department of Child Support Services is not privileged. This information may be shared with other state agencies that are authorized by law to receive such information. If required by law or a court, information must be given to the other parent or their attorney.