Closing a Case


Non-Public assistance cases

If a custodial party who has never received public assistance (welfare) does not want the services of the department, he or she must notify the office in writing. Contact the department for the current closure requirements. Once the department has received proper notification, we will notify the noncustodial parent to pay support directly to the custodial party.

Public assistance cases

If the custodial party is receiving public assistance, the Department of Child Support Services is required by law to continue to enforce the support order, even if the custodial party does not want our services.

If the custodial party stops receiving public assistance, we are required to collect the arrears that accumulated while the custodial party was on welfare.