Finding the Other Parent


Before the Department of Child Support Services can establish an order or enforce an existing order, we need to locate the noncustodial parent. Custodial parties can assist by providing the Department of Child Support Services with as much information as possible. Don’t hesitate to contact the department with new information at any time during the child support process. The Department of Child Support Services has access to the following services to help locate the noncustodial parent:

  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Employment Development Department
  • Franchise Tax Board
  • Board of Equalization
  • Internal Revenue Service
  • Law Enforcement Agencies
  • Federal Case Registry
If the custodial party does not have a child support order, the department will begin the establishment process. See Getting a Court Order for more information.

If the custodial party already has an order for child support, we will begin to enforce the existing order.