Public Assistance Cases


Information for Parents Receiving Public Assistance

Custodial Parties currently receiving public assistance in the form of cash aid do not need to apply for child support services. When the custodial party receives public assistance, a referral is automatically made to the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) to open a case against the noncustodial parent. In foster care cases, DCSS opens a case against both noncustodial parents.