Child Support


Health and Human Services is the provider of child support assistance, but works with the Department of Child Support Services to coordinate efforts to make sure all children receive the support they deserve.

For more information call (866) 901-3212.


  About Child Support

Child Support is provided by the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS), not by the Health and Human Services Agency. Agency outreach staff often refer clients see if they are eligible to apply for child support, if they are not currently receiving any from the non-custodial parent.

Individuals who receive public assistance are automatically referred to DCSS, however there are many low-income families that do not take advantage of the services DCSS offers. If you think your child should be receiving child support from their non custodial parent, please visit the DCSS Web site.