About Foster Care Services Committee
- To meet monthly with representatives from community-based organizations and County programs that directly impact foster families.
- To review and make recommendations on issues, policies and programs affecting foster families and placement of foster children.
- To recommend solutions and cost effective measures to alleviate challenges related to foster families and placement.
- To work to develop communication and teamwork within the foster parent community, the Health and Human Services Agency, educational systems, health care agencies, and other community-based organizations that serve the foster care system.
- To sponsor presentations regarding resources and services which are available to foster families and which promote the Live Well, San Diego initiative.
Meeting Date and Location
Second Thursday of each month (No meeting in May or
December) 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Knowledge Center, 5469 Kearny Villa Road, Suite 3700, San Diego, CA 92123
Health & Human Services Agency, Mail Stop: W-94