For more information, call 619-692-8808 or send us an email.
Purpose: The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program helps to prevent and identify health problems by providing periodic well-child exams to children who qualify and by linking them to ongoing health care coverage so they will grow up healthy.
- REGISTER FOR THE UPCOMING CHDP VISION SCREENING WORKSHOP HERE.
- Order School Health Materials ONLINE.
- CHDP Provider Directory (updated August 2014).
- Denti-Cal Directory.
About the CHDP Program
The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program prevents and identifies health problems through periodic, no-cost well-child exams to help children who qualify grow up healthy. CHDP Gateway links eligible children to ongoing healthcare coverage.
CHDP well-child exams are available at certain ages. A CHDP well-child exam consists of:
- Review of health history
- Complete physical exam
- Dental assessment
- Nutritional evaluation
- Developmental assessment
- Height, weight and blood pressure measurements
- Vision and hearing tests
- Tests for anemia, blood lead poisoning and tuberculosis
- Health Education
To receive CHDP services, children and youth must live in California and meet one of the following requirements:
- Up to 21 years of age and on Medi-Cal
- Up to 19 years of age and from a low-income family
- In foster care
Additional Resources and Links
- CHDP Brochure that explains services, eligibility, and well-child exams in English and in Spanish
- To find a doctor who can provide a no-cost CHDP well-child exam or to learn more about the CHDP program, call 1-800-675-2229
- If you have a question about an exam or a letter you received from the CHDP program, call 619-692-8808
- CHDP Gateway links children who qualify to Medi-Cal
- For more information on the California state health information, including the CHDP program, visit the California Department of Health Care Services at: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
For more information phone 619-692-8808 or send us an email.