For more information, call 619-692-8808 or send us an email.
Purpose: The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) program helps to prevent and identify health problems by providing periodic well-child exams to children who qualify and by linking them to ongoing healthcare coverage so they will grow up healthy. The CHDP program is required by the following authorities: Health & Safety Code, Sections 104395, 105300, 105305, 120475, and 124025 through 124110; California Code of Regulations Title 17, Sections 6800 through 6874, and Title 22, Sections 51340 and 51532.
- Register for the CHDP Vision Workshop on 10/13/2015 HERE.
- Submit the Annual Health Examination Report and/or Oral Health Assessment Report ONLINE.
- Order School Health Materials ONLINE.
- CHDP Provider Directory (updated August 2015).
- Denti-Cal Directory.
The CHDP program prevents and identifies health problems through periodic, no-cost well-child exams to help children who qualify grow up healthy. CHDP Gateway links eligible children to ongoing healthcare coverage.
CHDP well-child exams are available at certain ages. A CHDP well-child exam consists of:
- Review of health history
- Complete physical exam
- Dental assessment
- Nutritional evaluation
- Developmental assessment
- Height, weight and blood pressure measurements
- Vision and hearing tests
- Tests for anemia, blood lead poisoning, and tuberculosis
- Health Education
To receive CHDP services, children and youth must live in California and meet one of the following requirements:
- Up to 21 years of age and on Medi-Cal
- Up to 19 years of age and from a low-income family
- In foster care
Additional Resources and Links
- Learn about CHDP services, eligibility, and well-child exams in our flyer or brochure in English and in Spanish
- To find a doctor who can provide a no-cost CHDP well-child exam or to learn more about the CHDP program, call 1-800-675-2229
- If you have a question about an exam or a letter you received from the CHDP program, call 619-692-8808
- CHDP Gateway links children who qualify to Medi-Cal
- For more information on the California state health information, including the CHDP program, visit the California Department of Health Care Services at: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
For more information phone 619-692-8808 or send us an email.