All CE's used for recertification must be issued from an approved State of California CE provider (see links to lists below).
Please note: It is the responsibility of the EMT, Paramedic or MICN to be familiar with the continuing education requirements, for initial certification or renewal, for the State of California. Requirements vary state to state.
Failure to provide all required information, including evidence that submitted CE for recertification has State of California CE provider approval, will result in a delay and/or return of the application.
- List of Continuing Education (CE) Providers:
- California Code of Regulations, Chapter 11: EMS Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for EMS Personnel
- Continuing Education Provider Application
- The filing period for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection’s (CAL FIRE’s) Fire Fighter II (Paramedic) Examination Bulletin is open. The final filing date is May 5, 2014. The examination bulletin includes important information on who should apply, filing instructions, salary information, minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the civil service classification, and more. Please pay close attention to details provided in the examination bulletin. Veterans’ preference credits apply. For additional information specific to the Fire Fighter II (Paramedic) examination, applicants may contact Arcelia Espinoza at (916) 445-7890.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- California Emergency Medical Services Authority
- California State Fire Marshal
Other county's websites:
- LA County EMS
- Orange County EMS
- Riverside County EMS
- Inland Counties - San Bernardino, Inyo, Mono EMS
For CE Provider information contact Diane Royer at 619-285-6429.