For more information, phone 1-800-675-2229 or send an email.
SD-KHAN is a collaboration of local community-based organizations, hospitals, government agencies, health plans, and schools working together to provide medical and dental coverage for all children in San Diego County.
Vision: Children healthy in mind, body, and spirit reaching their full potential.
Mission: To assure access to, appropriate utilization, including prevention, and retention of medical and dental services for low-income children in San Diego County.
Goal: Achieve 100% health coverage and 0% disparity for children through sustainable systems approaches to assessing and referring uninsured children to health coverage, and ensuring the use of preventive and comprehensive health services and the retention of a medical and dental home.
- Identify children in need of health insurance coverage or medical and dental services.
- Ensure that schools, employers, Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) sites, food banks, churches, Head Start, medical providers, dentists, and other community organizations assess insurance status and refer families with uninsured children to appropriate resources.
- Promote utilization of preventive and ongoing comprehensive health care after health insurance is obtained.
- Promote retention of health coverage.
To order SDKHAN flyers and brochures, click HERE.
Additional Resources and Links
Access to Care
- Perinatal Care Network (PCN)
- Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) program
- Black Infant Health (BIH)
- San Diego Immunization Program
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP)
- Safe Kids San Diego
- California Smokers' Helpline
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Newly Uninsured / Facing a Job Loss Brochure
For more information, phone toll free 800-675-2229 or send us an email.
Webpage last updated 02/18/2016.