The Family Stabilization program is a new component of CalWORKs that provides temporary services to families who are homeless, or at risk to becoming homeless, or experiencing transportation or other emergencies impairing participation in Welfare-to-Work activities and employment.
CalWORKs recipients who are required to participate in the Welfare-To-Work program (including sanctioned individuals) can apply for Family Stabilization services.
The Employment Case Manager will evaluate needs and authorize the appropriate FS services to eligible participants.
How to Apply
Family Stabilization services may be requested at any time by contacting:
- Employment Case Manager
- Eligibility staff at any of the Family Resource Centers
- CalWORKs Coordinator (for students at a local community college)
- Access call center at #1-866-262-9881
- San Diego County at firstname.lastname@example.org
- #211 (phone-based information and referral service)
Based on available funds, the following are Family Stabilization services that San Diego County may provide:
- Homelessness Prevention Services (temporary/permanent housing and/or utility assistance)
- Transportation Emergency Assistance (essential vehicle repair)