Individuals listed below may qualify for Medi-Cal:
- Adults ages 21-64 whose income is at or below 138% of the FPL: Expanded Medi-Cal
- 65 or older
- Under 21
- Diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer
- In a skilled nursing or intermediate care facility
- Parent or caretaker relative of
a child under 21 and
- The child's parent is deceased or does not live with the child, or
- The child's parent is incapacitated, or
- The child's parent who is the primary wage earner is unemployed or underemployed.
You may be eligible for Medi-Cal if you receive cash assistance under one of the following programs:
- SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Program)
- CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids). Previously called Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC)
- Refugee Assistance
- Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program.
For more information on Medi-Cal eligibility and benefits please see Medi-Cal: What it means to you - PUB 68 (pdf).