The South Region manages social service and public health programs. Deputy Director Barbara Jiménez serves as the general manager. Day-to-day operations are provided by Assistant Deputy Director, Jessica Newmyer. Our goal is to ensure the highest quality customer services to the public.
For more information phone 619-409-3302 or send us an email.
Services offered by South Region Administration:
The HHSA South Region Center provides general public health and social services to children, youth and adults living and working in the South Bay Region. The South Region Center offers:
- clinic and home visiting public health services through our Public Health Center;
- CalWORKs, Food Stamps, Medi-Cal and General Relief services through our County Family Resource Center;
- Welfare-to-Work employment, career retention and support services for CalWORKs clients through MAXIMUS (County funded Welfare-to-Work contractor);
- County Medical Services assistance program for eligible adult residents with serious health problems;
- Child Care Resource Services to assist CalWORKs families and
- Child Protective Service social workers who investigate suspected child abuse or neglect referrals reported to the child abuse Hotline.
For more information about County Medical Services, phone 619-409-3411
Medical assistance program which covers medical services for eligible adult residents with serious health problems.
- Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
For more information about Child Care Resource Services, phone 619-409-4774
Assist CalWORKs families by contracting with quality childcare providers to pay for childcare expenses while the family participates in an approved welfare-to-work activity. Child care information sessions are provided. Call for times and dates for information sessions.
- Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)