South Region Administration
The South Region manages social service and public health programs that support the County of San Diego’s Live Well San Diego vision for a region that is Building Better Health, Living Safely and Thriving. Barbara Jiménez serves as Director of Regional Operations. Deputy Directors Jessica Newmyer and Petros Alemeselassie have oversight of the day-to-day operations. Our goal is to ensure the highest quality customer service to the public.
For more information, please call 619-409-3302 or send us an email.
Services offered at South Region:
- Public Health Center - Clinic and home visiting public health services through our Public Health Center.
- Live Well Centers - CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants, and Refugee Cash Assistance, programs through our County’s Live Well Center at Chula Vista and Live Well Center at National City.
- Child Welfare Services - Child Welfare Services (CWS) social workers who respond to allegations of child abuse and neglect. CWS is committed to strengthening families and possess the highest ethical standards while protecting children.
- Partner Services - While at the South Region Centers, customers have the opportunity to access a number of important partner services provided by local organizations, agencies or community groups.
- Welfare-to-Work and Child Care Programs – Welfare-to-Work employment, job placement, career retention, child care, and other job support services for CalWORKs recipients through Public Consulting Group (PCG), the County-funded Welfare-to-Work and Child Care Program contractor in South Region. Existing customers may call (619) 270-4083 for assistance with their childcare needs.