All SDCL locations will be closed on Monday, February 20 for Presidents Day.
Request and Overdue Notices
Request notices are sent by email (if a customer's account has an email address) or by postal mail once requested item(s) have arrived at a library branch and are available for pickup.
Courtesy overdue notices are sent by email (if a customer's account has an email address) or by postal mail once an item has been overdue for more than 14 days. A second courtesy notice will be mailed when the item is 28 days overdue.
What types of notices can be received through email?
Three types of notices can be sent to customers through email:
- Request Notices (i.e. notification of when items you have requested have arrived at the branch).
- Courtesy Overdue Reminder Notices (i.e. courtesy reminders that library item(s) are soon to become overdue).
- Courtesy Overdue Notices (i.e. courtesy reminders that library item(s) are now overdue and are incurring fines).
How do I set up my account to receive email notices?
- Log in to My Library Account.
- Click on the Modify Personal Info button.
- Enter your email address and click on the Submit button.
Your email address has now been added to your library account. The above three types of notices will now be emailed to you, rather than sent to you in postal mail.
Library staff are also able to assist you with adding your email address to your library account.
Why am I not receiving my email notices?
If you have already set up your library account with an email address, the following are possible reasons you are not receiving your notices:
- The notices are being filtered into your email program's junk or spam folder: Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to the Safe Senders List, contacts list, or spam filter settings in your email program.
- Arrived at the library branch before the e-mail notice was sent: Sometimes customers happen to be at the branch just as their requested items have arrived at the library, before the email notice has had a chance to be sent.
- Incorrect email address: Your email address may not be correctly listed in your library account. Please follow the steps under How do I set up my account to receive email notices? to check and/or update your email address.
What are the library's return address and e-mail subjects?
- Library's return address (for all notice types):
Circ Email Notices [email@example.com].
- Subject headings for the different types of email notices:
- Request Notices: San Diego County Library item ready for pickup
- Courtesy Overdue Reminder Notices: San Diego County Library Courtesy Reminder
- Courtesy Overdue Notices: San Diego County Library First Overdue Reminder