Park News, Weather Updates & Park Closures
(Updated 3/4/15 at 10:20 am)
- The following parks are closed until further notice due to trail conditions or other impacts from the recent rain:
- Los Penasquitos Open Space Preserve (The Rancho remains open for tours)
- Santa Ysabel East and West
- Volcan Mountain
- El Monte Staging Area
- Goodan Ranch/Sycamore Canyon
- Southlane Park Vehicle Access Gate and parking area.
- Hilton Head Park - the pirate ship playground will be closed from March 2nd - March 13th to restore the mural on the splash pad.
- Pine Valley County Park - Starting in February, Pine Valley County Park is under construction for a synthetic turf field conversion which will last 5-6 months. During this time, the field is unavailable.
- Santa Ysabel East Preserve - Santa Ysabel East Preserve will be closed on March 21-22, 2015 for a special event. Santa Ysabel West and Volcan Mountain Preserves will remain open for hiking.
- Wiliam Heise County Park - Heise County Park will undergo a new paving and road surface project through the end of March. The Park will remain open for camping and day use throughout this time. Certain camping loops will be closed on a rotational basis as not to affect campsite reservations. Park visitors may experience noise from trucks and equipment from 8 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Dos Picos Park - Utility upgrades to improve facilities will be under construction on an ongoing basis beginning in early 2015. This may result in construction traffic, construction noise and rotational site closings during regular business hours throughout the construction period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Heritage Park - the City of San Diego is conducting street improvements on Juan Street in Old Town San Diego. This project may intermittently impact traffic in the area. Please plan additional time for potential delays and accessing parking. Please refer to the City's Juan Street Improvement Project page on Facebook for more up to date information.
- Lake Morena County Park - Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.
- Santa Margarita Preserve - A small portion of the Santa Margarita staging area will be used by the County Department of Public Works to stage materials for the De Luz Rd bridge stabilization project. This use will continue from January to April, 2015. During this time the preserve staging area and trails will remain open. In the event of rain, the preserve and trails will close and remain closed for a minimum of 24 hours following the end of the rain event. For more information please call (760)0728-2303.