Park News, Weather Updates & Park Closures
(Updated 4/24/15 at 4:30 pm)
- Goodan Ranch/Sycamore Canyon Preserve - is closed until further notice due to trail conditions resulting from the recent rain.
- Live Oak Park leash free dog area - the Live Oak Park leash free dog area is scheduled to open in early May, 2015. The area will be located at the southwest corner of Reche Rd and Gird Rd. When complete, the area will be open Friday through Monday from 8:00 am to sunset. The $3.00 per vehicle fee will apply. An annual pass for Live Oak Park is also available for $25.00. For more information, please call (760) 728-2303.
- Temporary Park Closures - The Department will be conducting tree maintenance operations during the month of May that will require temporary closures of several park facilities. The following parks will be temporarily closed for camping and day use visitation on the following dates:
- Dos Picos County Park - May 4 & 5
- Potrero County Park - May, 6 & 7
- Stelzer County Park - May 11
- Oakoasis Preserve - May 11
- William Heise County Park - May 11, 12 & 13
- Flinn Springs County Park - May 18
- El Monte County Park - May 18
- Lake Morena County Park - May 18, 19 & 20
- Eucalyptus Park - The upper playground area will remain closed during construction and installation of the new playground equipment. The project, which includes new swings and new surfacing, is expected to reopen in June 2015. Thank you for your patience during construction.
- Pine Valley County Park - Starting in February, Pine Valley County Park is under construction for a synthetic turf field conversion which will last 5-6 months. During this time, the field is unavailable.
- Dos Picos Park - Utility upgrades to improve facilities will be under construction on an ongoing basis beginning in early 2015. This may result in construction traffic, construction noise and rotational site closings during regular business hours throughout the construction period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Heritage Park - the City of San Diego is conducting street improvements on Juan Street in Old Town San Diego. This project may intermittently impact traffic in the area. Please plan additional time for potential delays and accessing parking. Please refer to the City's Juan Street Improvement Project page on Facebook for more up to date information.
- Lake Morena County Park - Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.
- Santa Margarita Preserve - In the event of rain, the preserve and trails will close and remain closed for a minimum of 24 hours following the end of the rain event. For more information please call (760)0728-2303.