Park News, Weather Updates & Park Closures
(Updated 8/28/15 at 12:45 p.m.)
- Guajome Regional Park: Improvements are being made to both playground structures at Guajome Regional Park in Oceanside. Improvements include increased ADA access, rubberized surfacing and shade sails. The playgrounds will remain closed while this work is in progress. The playgrounds will reopen by fall 2016. The first playground is located in the main picnic area located at 3000 Guajome Lake Rd and the second playground is located at the secondary park entrance located at 1309 N. Santa Fe Ave.
- Lake Morena County Park: Utility upgrades to improve facilities will be under construction on an ongoing basis beginning in July of 2015 and ending in the fall of 2015. The park will be open but this may result in construction traffic, construction noise and rotational site closings during regular business hours throughout the construction period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Water Conservation Projects: There will be a number of water conservation projects occurring throughout the San Diego County Parks System effective immediately and over the coming months. Get info on our Sustainability web page: http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/parks/droughtinfo.html.
- Eucalyptus Park: The upper playground area will remain closed during construction and installation of the new playground equipment. The project, which includes new swings and new surfacing, is expected to reopen in June 2015. Thank you for your patience during construction.
- Pine Valley County Park: Starting in February, 2015, Pine Valley County Park is under construction for approximately 6 months to install new synthetic turf ball fields. During this time, the fields will be unavailable.
- Dos Picos Park: Utility upgrades to improve facilities will be under construction on an ongoing basis beginning in early 2015. This may result in construction traffic, construction noise and rotational site closings during regular business hours throughout the construction period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Lake Morena County Park: Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.
- Borrego Springs Community Park: Borrego Springs will soon have a brand-new park, to be built on the 16-acre parcel at the corner of Country Club and Sunset Roads, across from the post office.