- The County of San Diego, Department of Environmental Health (DEH) has issued a Boil Water Order and Public Notification for El Monte County Park located at 15805 El Monte Road, Lakeside, CA 92040 effective immediately. The drinking water system has tested present for total coliform bacteria and absent for E. coli. Total coliform bacteria can come from soils and other sources in the environment and can indicate a problem with the water supply system. The Boil Water Order was issued to ensure all water used is free from contamination. The Boil Water Order will remain in effect until the distribution system has been disinfected and additional samples confirm the absence of bacteria in the water supply.
- Dos Picos Regional Park - Beginning Monday October 20th Dos Picos Regional Park will begin the removal and pruning of oak trees located in our campground area. The campground will remain open with limited site availability. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Santa Ysabel Openspace Preserve - On Saturday, October 25, Santa Ysabel East will host a mountain bike race from 7 am - 3 pm. It is recommended that equestrians and hikers use the Santa Ysabel West Preserve on this day.
- Waterfront Park - Beginning on Monday, October 27, the south fountains will be out of service due to construction. The fountains are scheduled to be back in operation on Friday, November 21 when construction concludes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Agua Caliente County Park - The Children's Pool will be closed for remodeling until November 14th.
Camping sites 19-22 at Agua Caliente County Park will be closed due to the Children's Pool remodel. Sites will re-open after construction has concluded.
- Agua Caliente County Park - Camping sites 1-8 will be closed Sunday - Thursday until November 14th due to construction.
- Lake Morena County Park - Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.