Park News, Weather Updates & Park Closures
- Los Penasquitos Open Space Preserve- due to recent rains, the trail systems will be closed Friday, November 21st.
- Dos Picos Regional Park - Beginning Monday October 20th Dos Picos Regional Park will begin the removal and pruning of oak trees located in our campground area. The campground will remain open with limited site availability. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Boil Water Order - The County of San Diego, Department of Environmental Health (DEH) has issued a Boil Water Order and Public Notification for Vallecito County Park located at 37349 Great South Stage Route 1849, Julian, CA 92036 effective immediately. The drinking water system has tested present for total coliform bacteria and absent for E. coli. Total coliform bacteria can come from soils and other sources in the environment and can indicate a problem with the water supply system. The Boil Water Order was issued to ensure all water used is free from contamination. The Boil Water Order will remain in effect until the distribution system has been disinfected and additional samples confirm the absence of bacteria in the water supply. This notice will remain posted until the water is once again determined safe for drinking.
- Lake Morena County Park - Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.
- Heritage Park - the City of San Diego is conducting street improvements on Juan Street in Old Town San Diego. This project may intermittently impact traffic in the area. Please plan additional time for potential delays and accessing parking. Please refer to the City's Juan Street Improvement Project page on Facebook for more up to date information.