Park News, Weather Updates & Park Closures
(Updated 1/28/15 at 9:20 am)
- The following park locations are closed until further notice as a result of trail conditions or other impacts associated with the recent rain:
- Southlane Park Staging Area
- Agua Caliente - The outdoor pool at Agua Caliente will be closed Friday, January 30th for repairs. It will reopen Saturday, January 31st. The indoor spa will be closed Wednesday, February 25th for bi-annual cleaning. It will reopen Thursday, February 26th.
- Hilton Head County Park - The pirate ship playground at Hilton Head County Park is temporarily closed for resurfacing and is expected to re-open on February 2nd. The secondary playground adjacent to the pirate ship playground will be closed due to construction from February 2-6.
- Collier Park - Playgrounds - All three playgrounds at Collier Park will soon be going under construction and will be closed for the duration of the project. Please check back for updates as the closure will be listed on this site.
- Collier Park NE Tennis Court - The tennis court in the northeast corner of the park will be going under construction to convert it to a basketball court. Construction is expected to begin in coming weeks. This court will be closed during construction. Visitors are encouraged to use the other court located just south of the playgrounds. Refer back to this page for further updates.
- Dos Picos Park - Utility upgrades to improve facilities will be under construction on an ongoing basis beginning in early 2015. This may result in construction traffic, construction noise and rotational site closings during regular business hours throughout the construction period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Heritage Park - the City of San Diego is conducting street improvements on Juan Street in Old Town San Diego. This project may intermittently impact traffic in the area. Please plan additional time for potential delays and accessing parking. Please refer to the City's Juan Street Improvement Project page on Facebook for more up to date information.
- Lake Morena County Park - Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.
- Santa Margarita Preserve - A small portion of the Santa Margarita staging area will be used by the County Department of Public Works to stage materials for the De Luz Rd bridge stabilization project. This use will continue from January to April, 2015. During this time the preserve staging area and trails will remain open. In the event of rain, the preserve and trails will close and remain closed for a minimum of 24 hours following the end of the rain event. For more information please call (760)0728-2303.