Park News, Weather Updates & Park Closures
(Updated 3/24/15 at 9:10 pm)
- Pine Valley County Park - Starting in February, Pine Valley County Park is under construction for a synthetic turf field conversion which will last 5-6 months. During this time, the field is unavailable.
- Dos Picos Park - Utility upgrades to improve facilities will be under construction on an ongoing basis beginning in early 2015. This may result in construction traffic, construction noise and rotational site closings during regular business hours throughout the construction period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Heritage Park - the City of San Diego is conducting street improvements on Juan Street in Old Town San Diego. This project may intermittently impact traffic in the area. Please plan additional time for potential delays and accessing parking. Please refer to the City's Juan Street Improvement Project page on Facebook for more up to date information.
- Lake Morena County Park - Due to the draw down of water at Lake Morena County Park, the boat ramp will be closed to launch personal watercraft until further notice. Personal float tubes, canoes, and kayaks are still able to launch on the lake. The motorized boats available at the lake's marina can still be rented, and are able to operate for daily fishing and water activities. Please call the Lake Morena Park office for further information at (619) 579-4101.
- Santa Margarita Preserve - A small portion of the Santa Margarita staging area will be used by the County Department of Public Works to stage materials for the De Luz Rd bridge stabilization project. This use will continue from January to April, 2015. During this time the preserve staging area and trails will remain open. In the event of rain, the preserve and trails will close and remain closed for a minimum of 24 hours following the end of the rain event. For more information please call (760)0728-2303.