POD 13-007 Comprehensive Renewable Energy Plan
On February 15, 2017 (1) the County of San Diego (County) Board of Supervisors (Board) received the Comprehensive Renewable Energy Plan (CREP) Phase One Report and provided direction for CREP Phase Two. The Board identified seven Phase One recommendations for the County to consider as part of a long range strategic renewable energy plan. The Board's direction for CREP Phase Two is recorded in the February 15, 2017 Board Minute Order in the following section.
- On April 10, 2013 (3), the Board directed the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to develop options for a comprehensive renewable energy plan, prepare a work plan including time and cost estimates and return to the Board within 120 days. For more information, see the April 10, 2013 Board Letter and April 10, 2013 Minute Order.
- On September 11, 2013 (4), staff returned with a work plan for CREP Phase One and the Board continued the item to September 25, 2013. For more information, see the September 11, 2013 Minute Order.
- On September 25, 2013 (1), the Board directed the CAO to initiate the CREP Phase One work plan and return to the Board within 14 months of executing all required consultant service contracts; established appropriations of $300,000; directed the Director of Planning & Development Services (PDS) to form a Renewable Energy Advisory Committee; and directed staff to prepare a "pipelining" provision for renewable energy permit applications. For more information, see the September 11 and 25, 2013 Board Letter and the September 25, 2013 Minute Order.
- On October 14, 2016, the Planning Commission considered the CREP Phase One Report. For more information, see the October 14, 2016 Planning Commission Hearing Report.
- On February 15, 2017 (1), the Board considered the CREP Phase One Report and the Planning Commission recommendations and provided direction for CREP Phase Two. For more information, see the February 15, 2017 Board Letter and February 15, 2017 Minute Order.
Contact: Laurel G. Lees, Planning Manager, at (619) 346-2333 or email@example.com
CREP Phase One Report
Consultant services were solicited to assist with CREP Phase One.
- Ascent Environmental prepared an Executive Summary Report that refines and builds upon information provided in the Draft Phase One Report.
- EMpower Devices and Associates prepared the Draft Phase One Report to serve as a foundational resource for developing findings and recommendations concerning renewable energy-related plans, programs and policies.
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meetings
Based on the Board's direction, a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for CREP Phase One was appointed by the Director of PDS in July 2014. The TAC was formed to provide a breadth of knowledge related to renewable energy, and contribute technical insight through a serieds of public meetings.
In addition to public TAC meetings, the County conducted stakeholder outreach to solicit input during CREP Phase One. Two public meetings were held as follows:
- September 13, 2016: Public Meeting in Boulevard (Boulevard Old Firestation, 39923 Ribbonwood Road) 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Boulevard Workshop Meeting Agenda Boulevard Workshop Flyer
- September 12, 2016: Valley Center Community Planning Group Meeting (Valley Center Community Hall, 28246 Lilac Road) 7:00 p.m. Valley Center CPG 9/12/16 Agenda
- CREP Best Management Practices Workbook