Who We Are
The Department is led by Chief Probation Officer Mack Jenkins and is committed to reducing recidivism and protecting community safety. The National Association of Counties (NACo) recognized the department with nine achievement awards over the last three years for outstanding programs and services.
Probation officers supervise more than 22,000 adults and juveniles in the community and another 800 in juvenile halls and camps. They provide offenders with positive alternatives to crime and have assisted tens of thousands to live a law-abiding lifestyle. Court officers provide judges with vital background information to help them issue appropriate sentences and sanctions for more than 10,000 cases each year.
Protect community safety, reduce crime and assist victims through offender accountability and rehabilitation.
Enhancing the quality of life for San Diego County residents by creating safer communities.
- Public safety is our priority
- Maintain fiscal stability
- Promote a culture that values diversity, fairness & equity
- Conduct business with transparency and accountability
- Act with integrity
- Continually challenge ourselves to enhance our knowledge and expertise