Purchasing and Contracting
Open and Transparent
The Department of Purchasing and Contracting is committed to transparency and accountability and will strive to make businesses aware of all contracting opportunities available to them.
Core Philosophy and Values:
- Conduct our business to the highest standards of ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Be proactive and listen to the needs of our customers and vendors.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice of procurement policies, and processes.
- Effective and efficient procurement of goods, materials, and services, supporting County departments.
- Implement sound procurement processes to acquire the highest quality, goods and services, at the best price.
- Dispose of surplus equipment and salvage materials.
- Manage the Countywide Records Management program.
- The primary way to participate in County business opportunities.
- An interactive online Procurement Application for suppliers interested in doing business with the County of San Diego.
- The way for a supplier to register, receive email notifications, download documents, respond to solicitations, or view awarded contracts.
The Department of Purchasing and Contracting sponsors a series of vendor outreach workshops titled "Doing Business with the County of San Diego." See our event flyer for dates and locations.