- We recommend a 60-day Escrow period.
- Follow the Document Checklist for additional requirements.
- Obtain a Licensed appraisal (regardless of the type of 1st mortgage financing and provide proof of repairs.
- Provide Homebuyer Education Training and a completion Certificate to the borrower prior to submitting the loan request. (You may refer clients to a 3rd party company that offers classes. Completion Certificate is required.)
- DCCA/CalHome and MCC: The DCCA/CalHome loan request must be combined with the MCC program, as long as there are funds available in the MCC program, and the first mortgage is not from Cal-HFA.
- Require the client to apply for the MCC program and submit a copy of the application with the loan request. The MCC application fee may be applied to the buyer’s 1% of the purchase price contribution.
- The property must be located within the DCCA/CalHome jurisdictional boundaries.
- The property may be New or Resale: single-family detached unit, condominium, townhome or a manufactured home on a permanent foundation.
- The purchase price and the appraised value of an existing property may not exceed $451,250 for a single-family detached residence, $312,000 for a re-sale condominium/townhome, or $377,000 for a new condominium/townhome, subject to periodic updates.
- The property must be vacant, or occupied by the seller/owner, or the DCCA/CalHome applicant; and must not have been vacated by the previous renters within the last 30 days.
- The property must be free from any health & safety defects and Lead-based paint hazards. Prior to final loan approval, a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection will be conducted by county staff to verify condition of property.
- Occupancy Ratio: No more than 2 people per living space (living space includes bedrooms, living room, family room, den/study).
- Borrower must obtain flood insurance – if the property is located in a flood plain.
DCCA Loan Amounts and Jurisdictional Areas:
- Up to $70,000 at 3% simple interest in the unincorporated areas of the County and the cities of: Coronado, Del Mar, Imperial Beach, Lemon Grove, Poway, and Solana Beach.
- No monthly payments are required.
- The interest is accrued annually at 3% simple interest, per year.
- Repayment is deferred until the borrower refinances (except a FHA Streamline), sells, pays off the first mortgage, or no longer occupies the property as their primary residence. The loan repayment will be one payment of the original principle loan amount plus any accrued interest.
- Prohibited loans and terms: Negative–Amortization; Stated Income; Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) – when ARM Rate changes within the first 5 years; Interest-only loans; and, if the Front-End ratio is under 30% or over 38% or the Back-End ratio is over 45%.
Lender Package Application Submittal:
Submit one complete loan request to the following:
County of San Diego
Department of Housing & Community Development
3989 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
DCCA Program Contacts:
Felipe Murillo, DCCA Program Administrator
Phone (858) 694-4810