Housing Authority of the County of San Diego (HACSD)
Online Waiting List Application
Submit only ONE application. Duplicate forms will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted online anytime. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. When you apply online, you will be submitting your application in a secure environment. You will need to print the confirmation page or have pen and paper ready to write down your confirmation number. You will not receive a separate confirmation letter.
The average wait to obtain a Housing Choice Voucher is 8 to 10 years.
The HACSD does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
- You do not need to print and mail in the online application. You will need to print the confirmation page or have pen and paper ready to write down your confirmation number.
- Use only letters in names – hyphens are not allowed.
- Addresses must contain numbers and letters. Example: 345 Annex St
- If you are already on one of our waiting lists, you can update your existing application by visiting the Applicant Portal page.
- An email address is required to create Applicant Portal account.
- The Applicant Portal password must be composed of at least eight characters, which includes one upper case and one lower case character, one number, and one non- alphanumeric (special) character.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
Upon completion of this application, your name will be added to the wait list within 24-48 hours. You will be notified by mail when your name reaches the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned as undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. To make changes such as household composition, income and/or address to your application visit the Applicant Portal page to submit your changes.
Before you begin the application process, please have the names, social security numbers and dates of birth available for all family members. You will also need the annual income of all family members. Please make sure you have typed all information correctly. Have a pen ready to write down your confirmation number or be ready to print the confirmation page.