Neighborhood Reinvestment Program
The Neighborhood Reinvestment Program provides grant funds to County departments, public agencies, and to non-profit community organizations for one-time community, social, environmental, educational, cultural or recreational needs.
To be eligible, non-profit entities must provide services in one or more of the following areas; educational/recreational projects for children and/or adults; local business and tourism promotional activities; arts and cultural programs; environmental awareness programs or projects, including maintaining and increasing open space holdings; public safety programs including fire protection projects; or health and social service initiatives and programs. Public agencies may apply to fund programs and projects that benefit the community and enhance the region’s quality of life.
Grant funds shall not be used for any purposes prohibited by laws governing the use of public funds, including but not limited to, religious, political campaigning, or purely private purposes or activities.
Grant awards are made throughout the fiscal year and there is no deadline for submitting an application.
A higher priority shall be given to requests for capital projects and/or one time expenses.
To apply for Neighborhood Reinvestment Program funding from the County, an applicant must submit a completed application form and cover letter to one or more of the five Supervisors.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to recent redistricting, your County Board of Supervisors elected official may have changed. Follow the instructions at the following link http://www2.sdcounty.ca.gov/rov/Eng/Edistrict_query.asp to ensure that you are submitting your application to the correct Supervisorial District office
Before You Start:
1. Please have the latest Adobe Reader installed. http://get.adobe.com/reader/
2. Save the application to your computer before starting. This can be done by right-clicking on the application link and choosing "Save As".
3. Open the application from the saved copy you just placed on your computer. This will allow you to open and save the application at your leisure.
4. If you are using a Mac (complete steps 1 and 2 above, you may then have to associate the file with Adobe Reader - this is normally done by dragging and dropping the file onto your Adobe Reader icon on your desktop, which will cause the file to open), if this does not work please contact 858-694-2205 for additional help to download the application.
For further technical difficulties, call 858-694-2205 and someone will call you back by the next business day.
Neighborhood Reinvestment Program
Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Application
Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Application Instructions
Documentation of Grant Expenditures
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Documentation of Grant Expenditures Instructions
- Grant Expenditure Documentation Instructional Guide
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Post Award Guide
Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards:
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2017-2018
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2016-2017 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2015-2016 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2014-2015 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2013-2014 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2012-2013 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2011-2012 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2010-2011 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2009-2010 - Historical
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Program Awards FY 2008-2009 - Historical
DISCLAIMER: The following information is provided to you as a matter of convenience and speaks as of the end of the last period to which they relate. There may have been changes in the financial condition or affairs of the County of San Diego since then, the County of San Diego has not undertaken to update the financial statements, or such other documents.