Parenting Time Opportunities for Children
What is parenting time?
Parenting time is also known as custody and visitation.
Why is getting a visitation order important?
Spending time with your child regularly allows them:
- a schedule they can rely on
- increases trust and emotional security
- enhances social, cognitive, and academic behavior in a positive manner
- decreases risk of depression and anxiety for child(ren)
- reduces behavioral problems
Customers often ask DCSS to help them with getting a custody and visitation order. We are now able to provide this service!
Do you already have a verbal agreement that you would like to make an order? Print and complete the Parenting Time Order options worksheet and make an appointment with your child support professional today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if I am eligible for the PTOC program?
- I already have a child support order, am I still eligible for PTOC order?
No, your case is not eligible. Please contact the Family Law Facilitator if you are interested in getting a custody and visitation order.
- Can DCSS help us change the existing custody and visitation order?
No, DCSS cannot help change existing custody and visitation order. Please contact the Family Law Facilitator.