DEHQ Operations during COVID-19
To ensure our customer’s needs are being met, DEHQ operates Customer Service Phone lines Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.and continues to provide services via customer drop off and online services.
Effective April 1, 2021 the Department of Environmental Health and Quality (DEH) will start offering in-person appointments and consultations at our service counters.
You can also click to schedule a meeting with DEHQ.
Public Counter & Kiosk Hours: Counters have reopened as of June 15, 2021, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Starting July 1, 2021, our Public Counter hours are updating to Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a Lunch Break closure from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
We are committed to your safety, in order to slow the spread of COVID-19, all persons on the campus that are unvaccinated must wear a mask. To ensure your safety, DEHQ has increased cleaning and sanitizing the customer areas and touchpoints after each customer.
For up to date information about COVID-19, including resource documents such as frequently asked questions, informational posters, and guidance, please visit www.coronavirus-sd.com.
For more specific guidance and FAQs visit:
- Food & Housing Division - COVID-19 Information & Resources for Businesses
- Hazardous Materials Division - Frequently Asked Questions during COVID-19
- Vector Control Program - public services during COVID-19 continue including vector monitoring, testing, and mosquito control; with public education and outreach via online resources
DEHQ is available to serve you via:
- Citizen Access is a website with online services to search records, pay for existing permit (record) and re-inspection fees, and apply for permits on-line.
Online For online payments, click Citizen
Access or go to http:/www.dehpay.com. Go to the
DEHQ tab, then in the General Search section, enter the Record
Number (printed on invoice) in the Record Number field and click
Search. Clcik on Payments, select Fees from the dropdown list,
click "Pay Fees" link, then click on "Continue with
Application" and select one of the Payment options. Online
payment instructions are available in English and Español.
- Online payments can only be made on existing permit (records) and for re-inspection fees
- Online payments can be by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) or by credit card (Visa, Master Card)
- Public Records can also be accessed online through the Environmental Health Document Library. Public record requests can be emailed to the Public Records Program Duty Desk or faxed to (858) 505-6848. For questions please call (858) 505-6921.
- Pool and Food Facility Plan Check can be submitted online via Citizen Access by following these instructions. Should you have any questions, please call (858) 505-6660.
Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) Plan Check can be
submitted online using the Online Hazardous Materials Questionnaire
Access, following these instructions.
- You will be asked to create a username and password and will
be able to submit information online. You will have the ability
to pay the fee online and receive a digitally stamped copy of
the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire. DEHQ can also refer the
information to the Air Pollution Control District (APCD) for
their review and stamp.
- OR -
- Send an electronic copy of the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire to Sayed Khalid at email@example.com. Once received, fee payment can be arranged online. After we’ve received your fee payment, you will receive your Hazardous Materials Questionnaire with a digital stamp.
- You will be asked to create a username and password and will be able to submit information online. You will have the ability to pay the fee online and receive a digitally stamped copy of the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire. DEHQ can also refer the information to the Air Pollution Control District (APCD) for their review and stamp.
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Plan Check completed applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. UST Plan Check Permit Applications can be found here and related questions can be sent to Veronica.Archer@sdcounty.ca.gov.
- Septic System Permits application forms and fees can be found here. Applications can be electronically submitted to LWQduty.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov. For any questions on this process or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Land Use Duty Desk at (858) 565-5173.
- Water Well Permits application forms and fees can be found here. Application forms can be electronically submitted to Wells.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov. For any questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Well Program Duty Desk at (858) 505-6688.
- Recycled Water Projects application forms and fees can be found here. Applications can be electronically submitted to RecycledWater.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov. For any questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Recycled Water Program at (858) 565-5173.
- Voluntary Assistance Program information, application forms, and fees are online. For questions please contact the Site Assessment and Mitigation Program Duty Desk at (858) 505-6808.
- Vector Control Program services including mosquitofish pickup, insect identification and rabies testing submissions will continue.
5570 Overland Ave. Suite 102
San Diego, CA 92123
ATTN: Vector Ecologist
If you have any questions regarding this information, or for other services, please contact the following:
- Food and Housing Division: email@example.com or (858) 505-6900
- Hazardous Materials Division: firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 505-6880
- Land and Water Quality Division: LWQduty.DEH@sdcounty.ca.gov or (858) 565-5173
- Vector Control Program: email@example.com or (858) 694-2888
Food Facility Plan Check Fee Waivers
July 9, 2021: The Department of Environmental Health and Quality's Food and Housing Division's Plan Check unit has expended the funds approved by the Board of Supervisors to waive $1,360,000 in Plan Check fee for the initial submittal of new construction and remodeled food facility projects.1654 food plan check projects qualified for the fee waiver.