Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
The County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) is certified by the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery to enforce state solid waste laws and regulations in San Diego County, excluding the City of San Diego. The LEA has the primary responsibility for ensuring the proper operation, permitting and closure of solid waste facilities, operations and disposal sites. The LEA also has responsibilities for ensuring the review and approval of post-closure land use activities at closed solid waste disposal sites. The LEA works to protect public health, safety and the well being of our communities and environment from the impacts of solid waste management/recycling and disposal by:
- Preventing environmental damage from existing and future solid waste facilities and operations through careful and thorough permit management, inspection, enforcement, complaint response and education.
- Maintaining all active Solid Waste Facility Permits within our jurisdiction with up to date information and consistent with current laws and regulations.
- Completing all required inspections at each active and closed facility and taking appropriate enforcement actions as necessary.
- Ensuring quick response to complaints received regarding facilities, operations or disposal sites within the jurisdiction of the LEA and taking appropriate enforcement actions as necessary.
- Maintaining LEA certification in good standing with the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle formerly the California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB)).
- Promoting interagency cooperation with all entities involved in solid waste management and disposal in San Diego County.
- Maintaining communication with CalRecycle as well as other local enforcement and regulatory agencies.
You may reach us by phone, 858-694-2888 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Notices - Proposed Solid Waste Facility Permit Activity
The following public notices are provided to interested parties related to solid waste facilities or operations. Some of these notices are legally required and others are provided for information only. These notices are grouped by facility name and number and can be viewed using the links provided below.
Description of Amendment
Statutory Timeline Waived
37-AA-0952Public Notice for new Registration Permit
The operator has submitted an application package of a new Registration Permit for a Medium Volume Construction Demolition/Inert Debris Transfer Processing Facility. The LEA accepted the complete and correct application package. The application package included an application and a CDI facility plan.