About the San Diego County Emergency
Medical Services (EMS) Office
No Medical Care Services Are Provided At This Location – Call 911 to request an ambulance.
The San Diego County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Office is part
of Public Safety Group – San Diego County Fire.
All County EMS Staff are working remotely. There are NO in-person services available. Please call or email with any questions.
The San Diego County EMS Office mailing address is:
5560 Overland Avenue, Suite 400, MS: O-302
San Diego, CA, 92123
The County EMS Office serves as the LEMSA under California Heath and Safety Code 1797.200.
The County EMS Office:
- Provides EMS credentialing for prehospital personnel
- Approves training programs for prehospital personnel
- Designates agencies and entities participating in the countywide EMS delivery system
- Collects data and monitors system activity within the LEMSIS network
- Develops policies and protocols governing the delivery of emergency medical services in the county
- Provides the framework for medical quality improvement activities
- Provides EMS disaster and other facilitative services (Duty Officers) on a 7/24/365 basis
- The EMS Section provides administrative services to County Service Areas 17 & 69
- Oversight of the County’s backcountry ambulance program known as the Unified Service Area.