About the San Diego County Emergency
Medical Services (EMS) Office
No Medical Care Services Are Provided At This Location – Call 911 to request an ambulance.
The San Diego County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Office is part
of Public Safety Group – San Diego County Fire.
All County EMS Staff are working remotely. There are NO in-person services available. Please call or email with any questions.
Here is the San Diego County EMS Office mailing address:
5510 Overland Avenue, Suite 250, MS: O-202
San Diego, CA, 92123-1239
The EMS Office serves as the LEMSA under California Heath and Safety Code 1797.200.
The San Diego County EMS Office is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday excluding County observed holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents Day, César E. Chávez Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
The EMS Office:
- Provides EMS credentialing for prehospital personnel
- Approves training programs for prehospital personnel
- Designates agencies and entities participating in the countywide EMS delivery system
- Collects data and monitors system activity within the LEMSIS network
- Develops policies and protocols governing the delivery of emergency medical services in the county
- Provides the framework for medical quality improvement activities
- Provides EMS disaster and other facilitative services (Duty Officers) on a 7/24/365 basis
- The EMS Section provides administrative services to County Service Areas 17 & 69
- Oversight of the County’s backcountry ambulance program known as the Unified Service Area.