Facilities - South
South Region Administration
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The South Region Administration manages social service and public health programs. Barbara Jiménez serves as Director of Regional Operations for Central and South Regions and oversees Child Welfare Services, Family Resource Centers, Community Health Promotion, Homeless Services and Public Health Centers in both of those regions, as well as, other administrative functions. Our goal is to ensure the highest quality customer service to the public. Below are descriptions of the programs offered in the South Region:
- Community Health Action Team: Serves as a liaison for community partners, residents and county officials to help guide planning for health, safety and thriving priorities in the region and to foster information sharing and connectivity.
- Child Welfare Services: Provides culturally competent, family-centered and child-focused protective services to children, youth and families. The program investigates reports of suspected child abuse and neglect and intervenes with families who do not meet the minimum community standards of health and safety as required by law and in the least intrusive manner necessary for the protection of the child.
- Family Resource Centers (FRC): CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief, Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants, and Refugee Cash Assistance, programs through our County Family Resource Centers.
- Homeless Outreach Team: Collaborates with city staff, police officers, public works, parks and recreation, and other county staff, along with several community partners to provide supportive services and case management to people experiencing homelessness.
- Public Health Center: Provides preventative health services including nursing home visitation programs.