Health and Fitness
Note, this information is subject to change. Be sure to check back regularly.
The following health and fitness resources are specifically designed with the needs of older adults in mind:
Call (858) 495-5500
- The Feeling Fit Club is a functional fitness program designed for older adults. While in-person classes are not available at this time, older adults can exercise with the Feeling Fit Club at home! Visit the County News Center website or view episodes on TV: Monday – Friday at 8:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 4:00 pm on Cox channels 19 or 24, Time Warner channel 85, and U-verse channel 99.
- Existing Feeling Fit Club participants are encouraged to exercise during their regularly scheduled class time.
- Call to order a free stretch band and DVD
- Tips, resources and activities from community partners to help older adults and senior residents maintain their physical fitness while at home
1 (833) PACE NOW
- PACE supports seniors so they can continue to live independently at home by providing social services, in-home care, transportation, personalized medical services, and senior activities
- If you are 55+ with chronic medical conditions that make it difficult to live at home, St. Paul’s PACE may be the ideal senior medical plan for you
- Exercise and physical activity campaign from the National Institute on Aging at the National Institute of Health designed to help you fit exercise and physical activity into your daily life
- Learn more about the health benefits of exercise and exercise safety tips and see workout videos for all four types of exercise – endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility
- Scripps Health is offering several free fitness classes via Zoom:
- Watch this 20-minute exercise routine for older adults, including seated chair exercises that can be done at home
- Providing free physical therapy telehealth to whoever needs it. No questions asked.
- Our physical therapist will listen to your problem, watch you move, and give you special tests to determine the best plan of action for you
- Choose from a variety of workout classes (such as Tai Chi, yoga, and Active Older Adults) and participate from home
- Access free yoga classes online or sign up for a free 30-day trial to access over 500 yoga videos
The following fitness resources are designed for a general audience and may include more challenging courses appropriate for older adults with a solid fitness background. Those who are new to exercise, do not engage in exercise consistently, or who have difficulties with balance, are encouraged to refer to the resources specifically designed for older adults.
- Try the 90-day free trial to access thousands of live and on-demand classes
- Every day a new 30-minute workout video is posted, and no special equipment is needed
Page last reviewed: April 10, 2020