Note, this information is subject to change. Be sure to check back regularly.
Safe Transportation Practices During COVID-19
Taking extra precautions when making necessary trips can help protect your health and the health of others. This video provides best practices when using public transportation, ride share services, and other transporation alternatives.
Facilitating Access to Coordinated Transportation (FACT)
www.factsd.org | (888) 924-3228
- FACT is offering low-cost rides in San Diego County for seniors aged 60+, persons with disabilities, students, veterans, and other residents who need assistance to make essential trips for medical needs or grocery needs
- To arrange for a ride, call between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Please have the name(s) of the rider(s) to be transported, the pick-up address and time, and specify if any rider uses a mobility device such as a wheelchair or scooter
- Rides are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Call at least one day ahead, if possible, to arrange for a ride
- The Ride Well to Age Well Guide was produced by team members of Age Well San Diego, the County of San Diego’s initiative to make our communities even better places for people of all ages to live and thrive.
- The Special COVID-19 Edition aims to provide timely information about transportation services, but due to rapid changes in programs and policies the resources listed on the guide are subject to change. Be sure to contact the listed transportation providers directly for up to date information.
- The Ride Well to Age Well Resource Guide contains the following sections: Key Transportation Resources, Service Types, Find Your Next Ride, Technical Guide to Smartphone Apps, Transit and Transportation Apps, Transportation Glossary, and Improving Transportation in Our Region.
Frequently Asked Questions for Medi-Cal Transportation Services
The document below addresses common questions regarding Medi-Cal Transportation Services.