Great Plates Programs - Enrollment is Open!
Thank you for your interest in the Great Plates programs—Great Plates
Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors and Great Plates 2.0: Dinner
Delivered. These temporary programs deliver meals to older adults, as
well as adults of all ages with health conditions or disabilities, who
meet eligibility criteria. Although the programs are similar, they are
funded by different entities and serve different target populations.
Please refer to program summaries below.
Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors
- Serves older adults 65+ and those 60-64 with certain health conditions (see eligibility criteria below)
- Provides 3 meals per day
- Initiated by Governor Newsom, and supported by FEMA, state, and local funds.
Great Plates 2.0: Dinner Delivered
- Serves adults of all ages (18+) with certain health conditions or disabilities
- Provides one hearty meal (“dinner”) per day
- Initiated by the San Diego County Board of Supervisors, and supported by local allocation of CARES Act funds.
Following federal requirements, these programs are open to older adults and adults of all ages who have an underlying health condition or disability that makes it difficult to prepare or obtain food. In addition, Great Plates recipients may not be eligible for, or participating in, other federally funded programs such as Cal Fresh or the senior nutrition program. Please note that program capacity is limited.
You may wish to review the complete eligibility requirements listed prior to applying.
There are two ways to apply:
- Call the Aging & Independence Services Call Center at (800) 339-4661 and select option 7. A representative will be available to assist you during regular business hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Click the button below that corresponds with your age to complete an online form.
If you are 18-59 years old, you may be eligible for the Great Plates 2.0: Dinner Delivered program.
If you are 60-64 years old, you may be eligible for Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors OR Great Plates 2.0: Dinner Delivered. Take the online questionnaire to determine if you are eligible for either of the Great Plates programs.
If you are 65+ years old, you may be eligible for Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors OR Great Plates 2.0: Dinner Delivered. Take the online questionnaire to determine if you are eligible for either of the Great Plates programs.
How does the program work?
If you are found to be eligible for Great Plates, your name, phone number, address, and other contact details will be collected for the purposes of administering the program. You will be contacted by a County of San Diego employee who will match you with a restaurant based on your needs and location. You will have one restaurant for the duration of the program.
For Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors, three daily meals will be provided to you, delivered one time each day for the duration of the program.
For Great Plates 2.0: Dinner Delivered, a hearty meal will be delivered to you daily between 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Dietary restrictions will be accommodated as best as possible. Your assigned restaurant will reach out to you with further details, including the date of first delivery.
For additional questions, please email GreatPlates.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov.