Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors
Thank you for your interest in the Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals
for Seniors program. This temporary program delivers meals to older
adults who meet eligibility criteria. Please refer to the program
details below to learn more and apply.
Following federal requirements, this program is open to older adults with certain underlying health conditions or a disability that makes it difficult to prepare or obtain their own food. In addition, Great Plates Delivered program recipients may not be eligible for, or participating in, other federally funded programs such as Cal Fresh or the senior nutrition program. Please note that program capacity is limited.
To qualify for the Great Plates Delivered program, applicants must be:
- Individuals who are 65 or older
- Individuals 60-64 and
at high-risk as defined by the CDC, including (one of the
- Adults who are COVID-19 positive (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional), OR
- Adults who have been exposed to COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional), OR
- Adults with a certain underlying condition* that put them at risk for serious illness from COVID-19.
- Individuals must live alone or with one other program-eligible adult
- Participants must not be currently receiving assistance from other state or federal nutrition assistance programs, such as CalFresh
- Participants must have an annual income within the
- $24,981-$74,940 (single household)
- $33,821-$101,460 (two-person household)
- Those who have an income BELOW $24,981 for a single household or $33,820 for a two-person household are not eligible for the program. However, they may be eligible for CalFresh benefits or other food and meal programs. Please call 2-1-1 to learn about other resources.
- Individuals must affirm that they have limitations that currently prevent them from being able to prepare their own meals or independently purchase meals that could be delivered to them (e.g., lack of transportation, lack of knowledge on how to cook, disability, etc.)
*CDC guidance indicates that the following underlying conditions put an individual at risk for serious complications from COVID-19: Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma, serious heart condition, severely obese, diabetic, chronic kidney disease and undergoing dialysis, liver disease, are immunocompromised or have immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or have prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications.
How does the program work?
If you are found to be eligible for the Great Plates Delivered program, your name, phone number, address, and other contact details will be collected for the purposes of administering the program. You will be contacted by a County of San Diego employee who will match you with a restaurant based on your needs and location. You will have one restaurant for the duration of the program. Three daily meals will be provided to you, delivered one time each day for the duration of the program.
There are two ways to apply:
- Call the Aging & Independence Services Call Center at (800) 339-4661 and select option 7. A representative will be available to assist you during regular business hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Click the button below to complete an online form.
After you apply, if you are qualified for enrollment, it takes approximately 7 business days for restaurant delivery service to begin.
Additional Resource Links
For additional questions, please email GreatPlates.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov