Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors
Thank you for your interest in the Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors program. This temporary program delivers meals to older adults who meet age and other eligibility criteria. We are pleased to announce that the program is now open for enrollment. You may wish to review the program information and eligibility requirements listed below prior to applying.
There are two ways to apply:
- Call the Aging & Independence Services Call Center at (800) 339-4661 and select option 7. A representative will be available to assist you during regular business hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Click the button below to complete the online form. After you submit the form, you will be contacted by program staff within one business day to confirm eligibility and complete enrollment.
If you live in a household with another adult age 60 or older who wishes to apply for the program, they will also need to complete the enrollment process separately.
How does the program work?
If you are found to be eligible for Great Plates, your name, phone number, address, and other contact details will be collected for the purposes of administering the program. You will be contacted by a County of San Diego employee who will match you with a restaurant based on your needs and location.
Three (3) daily meals will be provided to you, delivered one (1) time each day for the duration of the program. Dietary restrictions will be accommodated as best as possible. Your assigned restaurant will reach out to you with further details, including the date of first delivery. The program currently runs through September 9th.
Who is eligible?
Following federal requirements, this program is open to older adults who cannot currently obtain or prepare their own meals and do not participate in other federally funded programs such as Cal Fresh or the senior nutrition program/home-delivered meals. Please note that program capacity is limited.
To qualify for the Great Plates program, applicants must be:
- Individuals who are 65 or older
- Individuals 60-64 and
at high-risk as defined by the CDC, including (one of the
- Individuals who are COVID-19 positive (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional), OR
- Individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional), OR
- Individuals with an underlying condition.
- Individuals must live alone or with one other program-eligible adult
- Participants must not be currently receiving assistance from other state or federal nutrition assistance programs
- Participants must have an annual income within the following
- $24,981-$74,940 (single household)
- $33,821-$101,460 (two-person household).
- Those who have an income BELOW $24,981 for a single household or $33,820 for a two-person household are not eligible for the program. However, they may be eligible for CalFresh benefits or other food and meal programs. Please call 2-1-1 to learn about other resources.
- Individuals must affirm an inability to prepare or obtain meals
For additional questions, please email GreatPlates.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov.