Behavioral Health Services (BHS) is committed to keeping our providers updated with emerging information related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) response. This page is updated regularly with the most recent communications and resources that have been sent to BHS providers.
For general information on COVID-19, including the current case count in San Diego County, preparedness and response resources, and links to information from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO), please visit the County of San Diego COVID-19 webpage. For information specific to healthcare professionals serving in San Diego County visit the County of San Diego COVID-19 webpage for health professionals.
BHS is hosting a COVID-19 Tele-Town Hall on Wednesday, July 22 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. This Tele-Town Hall will include important information for the BHS provider community related to COVID-19 via an informational webinar. The meeting agenda will be available for download from the registration link below as soon as it is available. The Tele-Town Hall is designed for each Contractor’s Executive Leadership and Program Managers and attendees will include County Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs).
To receive a link to the webinar, first register via the registration link below. You can also send in questions ahead of the event through this web form.
All Behavioral Health Service Providers | COVID-19 Tele-Town Hall
Date & Time: Wednesday, July 22nd, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Registration: Click to Register
Links to all provider communications that have been sent out to date can be found below according to distribution date.
- June 2020
- 05-21-2020 – CYF Provider Memo – Serving Children, Youth and Families During COVID-19
- 05-05-20 – COVID-19 Invoicing Reporting Guidelines, for documents linked within this memo please see below:
- 4-29-20 – QM Memo – Billable and Non-Billable Activities During COVID-19 Emergency
- 4-24-20 – QM Memo – Additional Telehealth Resources during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- 4-13-20 – Emotional Health and Stress Management Resources During COVID-19
- 4-13-20 – Expanded Telehealth Resources Through Exodus
- 4-6-20 – COVID-19 Guidance for BHS Contracted Staff with Lived Experience, for documents linked within this flyer please see below:
- 4-1-20 – CYF Memo – UM Temporary Revision Due to COVID-19
- 3-31-20 – Provider One-Pager – BHS Guidance for Clubhouses, for documents linked within the one-pager, please see below:
- 3-27-20 – COVID-19 Guidance for Behavioral Health Residential Facilities
- 3-26-20 – QM Memo – Telehealth Resources during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- 3-23-20 – Guidance for County Staff and Contractors Regarding Telehealth
- 3-20-20 – COVID-19 Financial Practices and Contract Management Guidance
3-19-20 – COVID-19 Quality
Improvement Updates and Best Practices
- Please refer to the BHS Provider COVID-19 FAQ page for the most recent updates since the initial 3-19-20 communication
- 3-17-20 – COVID-19 Guidance and Best Practices
- 3-13-20 – COVID-19 Notice to Providers
Please click here to find the latest Orders of the Public Health Officer applicable countywide, for additional information on COVID-19 please visit the the County of San Diego COVID-19 webpage. Letters from the County Public Health Officer that are relevant to BHS providers can be found below.
Please click here to visit the Department of Purchasing and Contracting (DPC) webpage for additional information to County providers.
California Health Alert Network (CAHAN) San Diego Communications Website for priority health communications to health care and public safety professionals in San Diego County from the Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) Public Health Services (PHS) Division
The current notices and FAQ documents released by the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) can be found below. For further COVID-19 response resources from DHCS, please visit their website.
American Society of Addiction Medicine
American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) COVID-19 webpage has comprehensive resources tailored to addiction medicine treatment within the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists | San Diego Chapter COVID-19 resources.
California Department of Health Care Services Medi-Nurse Call Line
The California Department of Health Care Services has launched a new 24/7 advice line that can connect individuals with a nurse to answer questions about COVID-19, including symptoms, testing, and treatment; and connect individuals with resources. The Medi-Nurse line is (877) 409-9052). For more information about the line, or resources to share visit their website.
California Governor's Office
Corporation for Supportive Housing
The Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) has resources available to assist those experiencing a housing hardship due to COVID-19. Below are some documents that might be helpful to those currently navigating housing challenges:
- Department of Social Services
Domestic Violence Resources
- San Diego County resources available for domestic violence victims during COVID-19, produced by the San Diego Domestic Violence Council
- Intimate Partner Violence and Child Abuse Considerations During COVID-19, produced by SAMHSA
The El Cajon Collaborative
The El Cajon Collaborative website has information on local food resources, services for children and seniors, and labor and workforce assistance for providers working with individuals and families in East County.
- LGBTQ TA Center
- NAMI San Diego
Provider Guidance Videos
The National Council for Behavioral Health is sharing a series of free videos intended to help providers adapt and meet the challenges caused by COVID-19. The videos cover a variety of topics related to providing telehealth services.
PsychHub COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub for healthcare professionals, including videos, online courses, and downloadable PDFs.
SAMHSA Disaster App
SAMHSA Disaster App for first responders, including behavioral health staff.
Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California's
Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California's Public Schools is a resource from the California Department of Education that may be helpful for providers who work with school-age children and adolescents.
Page last updated: 6/4/20