Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System Services (DMC-ODS)
- If you’re experiencing a medical or mental health emergency, call 9-1-1
- For treatment referrals or more information about substance use disorders services or Drug Medi-Cal, call the Access and Crisis Line at 888-724-7240 (TTY: 711)
What is the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System?
Behavioral Health Services provides community-based substance use disorder prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery services throughout San Diego County via contracts with local service providers. If you need an interpreter, you can get one in the language you choose. It’s free. If you are visually or hearing impaired, you can get information in alternate formats.
A new system known as Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System (DMC-ODS) was launched in July 2018. DMC-ODS was specifically designed to serve low-income San Diegans in order to address the systemic damage that substance abuse inflicts on people, families, and communities. DMC-ODS provides an opportunity for more San Diegans to have access to substance abuse treatment because the County is able to access more federal Medicaid funds (or more commonly referred to as Medi-Cal in the state of California), thereby significantly enhancing services and expanding the provider network to increase the number of clients served. DMC-ODS goals are to improve care, to increase efficiency, and reduce costs. Expanded services available under DMC-ODS allow programs to offer individuals and families receiving services additional services, such as case management services and housing support. Programs are also able to more effectively support and assist individuals who are struggling with both substance use issues and mental health challenges. DMC-ODS drug treatment services align with the County of San Diego’s vision of Live Well San Diego, which aims to improve the health and safety of area residents.
Individual (no limits)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Opioid Treatment Programs
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Withdrawal Management (Detox)
- Case Management
- Recovery Support Services (After Care)
- Physician Consultation
- Outpatient Treatment:
How Do I Apply?
County of San Diego residents have the option of applying for Medi-Cal online, via mail or in person.
Or you may call the following phone numbers:
- ACCESS Customer Service Call Center 1-888-262-9881 (Live call hours Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Self- Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- 211 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
How the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System Works
Download the beneficiary handbook, which provides information and guidance about your benefits, types of services and how to access them, how to file a grievance/appeal/state fair hearing, information about Medi-Cal coverage and more.
Your Rights Under Medi-Cal and the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System
As a person eligible for Medi-Cal and a resident San Diego County, you have a right to receive medically necessary substance use disorder treatment services from the County of San Diego Drug Medi-Cal. If you are not satisfied with the services you received and would like to file a complaint, you may do so by filing a grievance with the following programs:
For inpatient/residential services:
- Jewish Family Service (JFS) Patient Advocacy Program: (800) 479-2233
For outpatient services:
- Consumer Center for Health Education and Advocacy (CCHEA) (877) 734-3258
If you do not agree with the County of San Diego’s decision regarding your treatment, you have the right to file an appeal.
If you still do not agree with the County of San Diego’s decision following an appeal, you have the right to file a state hearing.
- Find Programs and Services
Quick Guide - Brochures
Quick Guide - Audio Files
DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbooks
Click here to view a Beneficiary Handbook in a threshold language or in
a large print (LG) format
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Arabic
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Arabic LG Version
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - English
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - English LG Version
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Farsi
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Farsi LG Version
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Spanish
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Spanish LG Version
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Tagalog
- DMC-ODS beneficiary Handbook - Tagalog LG Version
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Vietnamese
- DMC-ODS Beneficiary Handbook - Vietnamese LG Version
Adults & Older Adults
For administrative information or to provide feedback about this page, send us an email.