California Children Services (CCS)
For more information, call 619-528-4000 or send us an email.
The following criteria will help you determine if your child is eligible for California Children Services (CCS). If you or your child's doctor believe your child meets the eligibility criteria for CCS, follow the steps below to apply for services.
The program is open to anyone who:
- Is under 21 years of age
- Is a resident of San Diego County
- Has or may have a medical condition that is covered by CCS
- Has a family income of less than $40,000 reported as adjusted gross income on latest State tax return
- Has an eligible child who has out-of-pocket medical expenses that are expected to be more than 20% of the family income
- Has Medi-Cal coverage for the child
Family income is not a factor for children who:
- Need diagnostic services to confirm a CCS-eligible medical condition
- Were adopted with a known CCS-eligible medical condition
- Are applying only for services through the Medical Therapy Program (MTP)
- Are Medi-Cal beneficiaries, full scope, no share of cost
Steps to qualify for CCS
Families (or the applicant if age 18 or older or an emancipated minor) must:
- Complete a CCS application (English | Spanish) and return to the County of San Diego California Children Services office at: 6160 Mission Gorge Road #400, San Diego, CA 92120 or via fax to (858) 514-6514.
- Provide CCS with all information requested
- Apply for Medi-Cal if CCS believes that a family's income qualifies them for the Medi-Cal program
- If eligible for Medi-Cal, the child is eligible for CCS
- CCS approves the services
- Payment is made through Medi-Cal
Facilities where this Service is offered:
- CCS Administration - Mission Gorge
- CCS Medical Therapy Unit - Chula Vista
- CCS Medical Therapy Unit - El Cajon
- CCS Medical Therapy Unit - Escondido
- CCS Medical Therapy Unit - North
- CCS Medical Therapy Unit - South
- CCS Medical Therapy Unit - Vista
Additional CCS information
- Visit the State California Children Services website for forms, publications, letters, notices and other web links
- For more information on medical eligibility, please read the State CCS overview
- You can also call 619-528-4000 or send us an email and review our CCS Handbook.
Webpage last updated 11/28/2018.