COVID-19 Outbreak Reporting
Page last updated 8/18/2023.
- From January 1, 2021, to December 31, 2022, AB 685 (Chapter 85, Statutes of 2020) mandated that non-healthcare employers report COVID-19 outbreaks to local health departments.
January 1, 2023, non-healthcare employer reporting of outbreaks to
local health departments is voluntary.
- This does not apply to healthcare settings, residential congregate settings, schools, or daycare settings/nurseries.
- However, the COVID-19 Prevention non-emergency regulations require all employers to report major COVID-19 outbreaks (20+ COVID-19 cases) to their nearest Cal/OSHA office.
- For more details, please visit the Cal/OSHA webpage at https://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/coronavirus.
To Report a COVID-19 Outbreak
- As of April 15, 2023, based on the workplace setting type,
please send an email to the appropriate address below.
|Residential Congregate Facilities||PHS.OutbreakReporting.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov|
|All settings: COVID-19 Complaint||PHS.EPICOMPLIANCE.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov|
Please include the following information in the email:
- Email Subject Line (select one of the following)
- Reporting outbreak
- Requesting consultation on infection control measures
- COVID-19 Complaint/Enforcement question
- Reportable Disease: COVID-19
- Facility Business Name and Department (if applicable)
- Facility Address
- Point of Contact
- Point of Contact Phone Number
- Point of Contact Email
- Number of Employees/Staff Who Reported Testing Positive
- Number of Residents/Students/Attendees Who Reported Testing Positive
- Brief Explanation of Circumstances or Reason for this Request
For any other questions, please call (619) 692-8499.