Outdoor Operations &
Responding to COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Outdoor Service Guidance for Establishments – for hair salons, barber shops and personal care services.
- Enforcement Flexibility for Social Distancing – information on temporary allowances regarding zoning and layout of indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Use of Temporary Structures for Outdoor Business Operations - defines outdoor operations that are conducted under a tent, canopy, or other sun shelter, as long as no more than 50% of the structure's perimeter has impermeable walls. [Posted 11/25/20]
- Flowchart - What to do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Flowchart - What to do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19 - Spanish
- Employers should complete the COVID-19 Notification Form to report an employee who tests positive with COVID‐19 to the County Public Health Services.
- The Workplace Outbreak Checklist provides guidance for employers experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19 in their workplace.
COVID-19 Employer Playbook for a Safe Reopening – information about what to do if there’s a COVID-19 case in the workplace, compliance, and worker education.
Department of Industrial Relations Safe Reopening FAQs for Workers and Employers - information about protecting workers, employers and the public to safely reopen workplaces. These FAQs address many workplace-related issues as California proceeds through its Resilience Roadmap. [Updated 7/28/20]