Restaurants, Food, and Beverage Providers
This page contains information for Restaurants, Food, and Beverage Providers. For additional information related to other businesses, please visit the Businesses and Employers page. For information specific to casinos, please visit Cities, Government, Reservations.
DINE-IN RESTAURANT REOPENING
On the evening of May 20, 2020, the Governor approved the County of
San Diego's request to proceed with modified onsite dining throughout
the San Diego region.
Prior to implementing onsite dining, please review the resources below and modify your food facility operations to meet the COVID-19 prevention measures listed in the San Diego Safe Onsite Dining Plan and San Diego Restaurant Operating Protocol. A copy of your Restaurant Operating Protocol does not need to be submitted to the County; just complete, sign and post it in your facility.
For those restaurants currently operating in a take-out fashion and keeping operations the same, your previously posted protocols suffice. For those operators who wish to expand operations or re-open operations to allow for limited onsite dining, complete and post the Restaurant Operating Protocol.
San Diego Safe Onsite Dining Plan – Review guidance for implementing key prevention measures for COVID-19.
San Diego Restaurant Operating Protocol – Fill this form out, print and post at a public entrance. Implement all mandatory measures.
Guidance for Food Facility Re-Openings – Guidance checklist to help you with re-opening.
San Diego Safe Dining Posters – Print and display these posters at all entrances to the facility.
State Guidance for Dine-in Restaurants – Review guidance for additional optional measures that can be implemented to protect against COVID-19.
Plan de Comida Segura para Restaurantes e Instalaciones de Comida (UPDATED 05/26/20)
Protocolo Operativo para Restaurantes e Instalaciones de Comida (UPDATED 05/26/20)
Carteles de comidas seguras en San Diego
خطة تناول الطعام الآمنة للمطاعم والمنشآت الغذائية
بروتوكول تشغيل المطعم ومنشأة الغذاء
ملصقات طعام آمنة
Kế hoạch an toàn ăn uống tại chỗ cho các nhà hàng /cơ sở thực phẩm
Giao Thức Điều Hành Nhà Hàng / Cơ Sở Thực Phẩm
Áp phích ăn uống an toàn
Ligtas na Plano Para sa Mga Restawran na Mayroong Kainan
Panuntunan ng Pagpapatakbo ng Restawran o Pasilidad ng Pagkain
Karatula Para Sa Kaligtasan Sa Lugar Ng Kainan o Restawran
Qorshe Cunno Amni ah ee makhaayadaha / Xarumaha Cunnada
Borotokoolka makhaayadda / Cuntada Ku Shaqeysa Xarunta Cuntad
Boostada Qolka Nabdoon
UPDATE: Tuesday, 5/12 – guidance was issued for reopening dine-in restaurants, brewpubs, craft distilleries, breweries, bars, pubs, and wineries. Click here for more information.
UPDATE: Friday, 5/8 – Governor Newsom announced that the state can begin to move into Stage 2 of modifying the stay at home order. This includes reopening some lower-risk retail services (curbside only), manufacturing, and logistics businesses. Click the links for guidance about reopening and more information.
UPDATE: Saturday, 4/4 – guidance was issued that all employees who may have contact with the public in any grocery store, pharmacy/drug store, convenience store, gas station, restaurant or other business establishment that serves food shall wear a cloth face covering as described in the California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance.
UPDATE: Thursday, 3/19 – Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay at home order instructing all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operations of essential critical infrastructure sectors. Businesses and organizations that provide critical infrastructure for the state are exempted, including health care and public health, public safety, food and agriculture, and media. Click here for a listing of essential businesses and organizations that may continue operations under California’s stay at home order.
- Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors – a program that delivers meals to older adults who meet age and other eligibility criteria. Local restaurants, caterers, and food suppliers are encouraged to apply by submitting online application listed below.
- Restaurant application
- Senior eligibility form
- Department of Environmental Health Food-Related COVID-19 Resources
Open Restaurants: Please refer to the resources below to view
currently open restaurants:
- List of Open Restaurants – Google Sheets document displaying open restaurants through San Diego County. Note: information may vary, please contact restaurants directly to confirm.
- Lists of open restaurants compiled by San Diego County Chambers of Commerce:
- North County Economic Development Council
- San Diego Workforce Partnership COVID-19 Business Impact Support: Resource support for employers to help mitigate COVID-19 impacts, such as access to working capital, layoff prevention programs, and resources for affected employees, such as unemployment, disability, and leave benefits, remote career services, financial planning, and more.
- San Diego Region: COVID-19 Business Resource Guide: Collection of local, state and federal financial resources for businesses affected by COVID-19, including resources for companies looking to pivot manufacturing operations.
- South County Economic Development Council EDC 0% loans: The South County EDC is offering one-time, zero interest loans up to $5,000 to South Bay restaurants to assist in staying open and continuing to serve food.
- California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA)
- California Restaurant Association: Coronavirus Resources: To help support food businesses throughout California, the CRA wants to know if you are offering pick up, delivery, and drive-thru services. This listing will be posted to dineoutca.com, their COVID-19 resource page, and social media outlets. For more information, click here.
- California Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control: Notice of Regulatory Relief: This regulatory relief is designed to support the alcoholic beverage industry in its efforts to assist California in slowing the spread of the virus while assisting the industry in dealing with the economic challenges it is facing as a result. For details, click here.
- Guidance to licensees on limitations of on-sale privileges
- FAQs about business practices for those who serve alcohol
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Plan for Opening America Up Again
- Considerations for Restaurants and Bars
- Restaurants and Bars Decision Tool – tool to assist businesses in the food service industry, such as restaurants and bars, in making (re)opening decisions.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- FDA Food Industry Various Languages Information/Materials - The U.S. Food & Drug Administration offers multilingual information resources to provide food safety best practices for retail food stores, restaurants, and food pick-up/delivery services during COVID-19.
County of San
Diego COVID-19 Resources and Materials
- General Disinfection Guidance
- Food Facility Disinfection Guidance
Food Safety During
Transport and Deliveries
- For disinfection and food safety guidance in other languages, please visit here.
- General COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs about business practices for those who serve alcohol
- California Craft Brewers Association Q&A
For additional questions and resources, please email: COVID-Business@sdcounty.ca.gov