Resources for Restaurants
DINE-IN RESTAURANT REOPENING
- On the evening of May 20, 2020, the Governor approved the County of San Diego's request to proceed with modified onsite dining throughout the San Diego region.
- Prior to implementing onsite dining, please review the resources below and modify your food facility operations to meet the COVID-19 prevention measures listed in the San Diego Safe Onsite Dining Plan and San Diego Restaurant Operating Protocol. A copy of your Restaurant Operating Protocol does not need to be submitted to the County; just complete, sign and post it in your facility.
- For those restaurants currently operating in a take-out fashion and keeping operations the same, your previously posted protocols suffice. For those operators who wish to expand operations or re-open operations to allow for limited onsite dining, complete and post the Restaurant Operating Protocol.
- San Diego Safe Onsite Dining Plan – Review guidance for implementing key prevention measures for COVID-19.
- San Diego Restaurant Operating Protocol – Fill this form out, print and post at a public entrance. Implement all mandatory measures.
- Guidance for Food Facility Re-Openings – Guidance checklist to help you with re-opening.
- San Diego Safe Dining Posters – Print and display these posters at all entrances to the facility.
- State Guidance for Dine-in Restaurants – Review guidance for additional optional measures that can be implemented to protect against COVID-19.
- CDC Guidance for Opening Bars and Restaurants
- CDC Considerations for Restaurants and Bars
- CDC Restaurants and Bars Reopening Decision Tool
- California Completes Tax Credit: an income tax credit available to CA businesses of any industry, size, or location. The application period, July 27, 2020 – August 17,2020, for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is now open with $80 million available to help prospective or current businesses grow in California. Webinars, PowerPoint and FAQs are available on the CA Completes Tax Credit website.
- Restaurant Relief Resources
- South County Economic Development Council EDC 0% loans
- Lowes-LISC Small Business Relief Grant – Grants of $5,000 to $20,000 will be given to businesses owned and led by minorities and women, plus enterprises located in hard-hit rural communities. Applications open July 27th. For more information, please visit the info and FAQ page.
- Cal/OSHA and Statewide Industry Guidance on COVID-19
- Department of Environmental Health Food-Related COVID-19 Resources
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- FDA Food Industry Various Languages Information/Materials
- Safely Making CA's PPE marketplace – searchable marketplace to purchase PPE products for your business