COVID-19 in San Diego County
The County of San Diego is working closely with federal and state agencies and the local healthcare community to monitor, test, and vaccinate for the COVID-19 virus in the region. For information about coronavirus disease nationwide, visit the CDC website.
County of San Diego Coronavirus Disease Dashboards
Case Rate and Testing Positivity by Zip
Code and Municipalities
This Table is Updated Daily (7-days a week).
Table 1. Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Among San Diego County
Residents Since February 14, 2020
Table updated October 17, 2021, with data through October 16, 2021.
|New Cases Reported* = 528
|Count||%||Change from |
|Cumulative Rate per 100,000|
*This is the actual number of new cases received the previous day.
Some reported cases may later be removed from the total number of
cumulative cases through routine quality assurance processes. The
actual number of new cases reported and the change from the previous
report may not be the same.
**Known hospitalizations; information is incomplete for many cases
***Known admissions to intensive care; intensive care is a subset of hospitalizations, but percentage is of total cases.
Cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are added to this table as
information becomes available; this may not be indicative of when the
As of 10/3/2021, new case counts include
cases that are presumed reinfections, defined as a positive test more
than 90 days after the first positive test for a previous infection or
an infection with a different lineage.
Data are preliminary and subject to change.
This Table is Updated Monday-Friday.
Table 2. COVID-19 Molecular Tests Conducted in San Diego County^
Table updated October 15, 2021, with data through October 14, 2021.
New Tests Reported= 19,204
Average Tests Reported (7 Days) = 18,921
Percentage Positive (7 Days)^^= 2.9%
Total Tests Since February 14, 2020 = 6,942,586
^Includes tests conducted for non-residents. Molecular tests refer
to PCR or other type of nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Some
days include a backlog of results from prior dates.
^^This is the number of positive tests divided by the total tests in
the last 7 days by date reported. The number of positive tests may be
higher than the number of confirmed cases because some individuals may
be tested more than once.
Data are preliminary and subject to change
COVID-19 Watch Weekly Surveillance Report
Evaluating Misinformation—The County of San Diego has declared medical misinformation a public health crisis and has created a space to help you get accurate and reliable information from credible sources. *NEW*
Additional Data on COVID-19 in San Diego County
As of July 1, 2021, these reports are
updated weekly on Wednesdays unless otherwise indicated.
COVID-19 Testing and Cases
- Confirmed COVID-19 Cases by Date of Illness Onset
- Map of Cases by City of Residence
- Percentage of Positive COVID‐19 Cases Among Tests by Date Reported
- Summary of Cases Among Persons Experiencing Homelessness
- Summary of Cases By Vaccination Status
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by City of Residence
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by Race/Ethnicity
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by Zip Code
- Summary of Variant Cases
- COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations by Date of Admission
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases that Required Hospitalization
- COVID-19-Associated Deaths by Date of Death
- Monthly Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Deaths by Zip Code (Data through 9/30/21)
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Deaths by Demographics
- Demographics of Vaccinated San Diego County Residents 12-17 Years Old
- Demographics of Vaccinated San Diego County Residents 18-64 Years Old
- Demographics of Vaccinated San Diego County Residents 65 Years and Older
- Demographics of Vaccinated San Diego Residents
- Health Equity Zip Code Map with Percentage of Population Vaccinated
- Health Equity Zip Codes Summary and Vaccination Report
- Percentage of Population Vaccinated by Census Tract and Health Equity Quartile Map
- Percentage of Population Fully Vaccinated by HHSA Region and Race/Ethnicity (New)
- San Diego County Residents Vaccinated by Age Group
- San Diego County Residents Vaccinated by Zip Code
- Vaccinations Among Persons Experiencing Homelessness